• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hiding in plain sight

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
American Bittern, Yolo County California
03 October 2018

Hi Doug,

Such a beautifully camouflaged bird? Is it fairly easy to photograph as long as you can see it, or does it mover fast?

What a surprise! If I was telling my children about this bird,

......and I managed to notice it in the reeds and against straw and mud, I’d Have said, look that “heron” has learned to disguise itself!

I had never heard the name Bittern, but with that long neck and a spear of a beak, I would have got it so wrong! Still my kids would have thought I knew what I was talking about!

Later they discovered how I knew very little......until they got their first invoice for car insurance!

Asher