• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How are things where you are?

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Oh and btw. THIS is really interesting, as it clearly shows that the death toll is very different in different countries!
And why? Not that heathcare is so much worse or so much better, it is lifestyle and environmental factors IMHO.
China and North Italy are heavily polluted (air, water), this certainly affects lung tissue and immune system.
Germans walk a lot and work hard usually and have a rather healthier diet with less prefab food and smoke less,
compared to France and Spain for instance... just my 2cts. [But then Switzerland, so clean an healthy? ... but there
is Ticino which is basically North Italy]

[this graph is also time-normalized to the 100th infected person, to make it comparable]

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Here’s the picture for Australia.
Please note. The Northern Territory hardly gets a mention.
There aren’t enough of us to really bother with and more than half are indigenous. For some that seems to matter even less.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Here’s the picture for Australia.
Please note. The Northern Territory hardly gets a mention.
There aren’t enough of us to really bother with and more than half are indigenous. For some that seems to matter even less.

Looks like you also have a non-dampened exponential growth rate!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Looks like you also have a non-dampened exponential growth rate!

Yeah, Kraus.
NT went from 5 to 6 cases today. Is that 20% increase? Golly. Im hiding under the bed with the cat. Hang on! I don’t have a cat. Where the fuck did that come from?

All the cases in the NT came from invaders from other countries. Bloody tourists.
We haven’t had a community transmission yet. That’s because we don’t hug or kiss here. The average Aussie just just eats roots and leaves.

Statistics only works if there’s a large enough population.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Yeah, Kraus.
NT went from 5 to 6 cases today. Is that 20% increase? Golly. Im hiding under the bed with the cat. Hang on! I don’t have a cat. Where the fuck did that come from?

All the cases in the NT came from invaders from other countries. Bloody tourists.
We haven’t had a community transmission yet. That’s because we don’t hug or kiss here. The average Aussie just just eats roots and leaves.

I was actually referring to NSW, as I have friends there and heard what's going on ;-)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
.....All the cases in the NT came from invaders from other countries. Bloody tourists.

We wish you well!

Andy brown

Don’t be complacent Tom.
Here in the ACT we had no cases only a week or two ago, now 40+ and only going one way.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Don’t be complacent Tom.
Here in the ACT we had no cases only a week or two ago, now 40+ and only going one way.

Thanks for your concern, Andy.
I’m never Complacent about health threats. I’m in the high risk category with a bad ticker.
I’m doing everything I can to ensure my safety. But keeping a sense of reality and humour along the way.
I can’t account for others or the future so I take it a day at a time; sometimes hourly.
I have one source of information, that which is as reliable as I have available.
So far so good.
I was a bit taken back by Gunner giving NT’ers 2days to get home before the borders closed. Tenant Creek has never seen so much traffic pass though. It’s like Mad Max out there.
Now that everyone is tucked up in their cosy homes we’ll probably see a spike in the next Couple of weeks.

Right now, outside, now that those who are off to work are there, the place is quiet as. Just a dog barking at the postman.

You OK?

Andy brown

Tom, I think I’m Ok.
Not much stability to use as a reference point at the moment.
The early years of my parenting involved me being quite hard up for money. I did the smart things, I had a massive productive vegie garden, I had an orchard (this was all in a $100k house), I dried a shitload of fruit and I speared a shitload of fish.
I wanna go back to those days but I’m away from the coast in an apartment with no garden (and now paying $16 kg for fucking broccoli).
I’m in a battle of wills with a 17 y.o girl who his simultaneously her own worst enemy and wigging out about the state of the world.
Yeah, I’m fine.

Asher Kelman

Andy,

As a child, towards the ending of the 2nd World War, my mother gave me a sixpenny bit. This yielded 6 envelopes of seeds: lettuce, radishes, beans, peas, carrots, and Brussels sprouts!

So my little garden complemented our main staple of “pap”, (that soaked and boiled conversion of dried-up week-old bread) and then what came in large stiff brown paper bags with the words, “Gift of the People of The United States of America”: egg powder, flour, raisins and milk powder!

But alas no orchard and no fishing of any kind!

Those were my formative years and made me deluded enough to imagine that even skinny kids who couldn’t play football, could one day do anything!

Peter Dexter

Well despite the populous being under orders from the Colombian government to stay at home except for food and medicine shopping (only one person per family) there were hoards of people gathered at the bus terminal in Cali and other locations yesterday and plenty of people in the street. The president is furious that people aren't obeying and is contemplating much tighter controls. It wouldn't surprise me if the city is militarized eventually to force people to stay in their homes.

Asher Kelman

Difficult for people to comprehend when family, religion and God love protects them!

People are trained to trust that God is loving and will look after us!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nothing rational about this big spook show, 2.6 million die from respiratory infection every year.
James,

Nothing rational about a virus generating so many sick patients so fast, that all over the world health care systems are collapsing.

Right now, no visitors for sick patients. Doctors and nurses can’t stop to chat and explain.

We have never had an epidemic like this.

It’s faster than we can handle.

The dead are not even identified, the army trucks the bodies away in the worst parts of Italy. When has that happened before!

Folk older than 60 are refused access to mechanical ventilators in parts of Italy.

In Spain entire old age homes are abandoned with starving residents alone, and dead elderly in their beds until the army arrived.

Here in the USA, no test kits for those not sick enough to be admitted and sent home, risking further spread!

Folk on chemotherapy totally alone not enough care givers.

Arriving heart attack victims may or may not get an intensive care bed!

What part of that do you not understand!
Asher

Asher Kelman

Might be worth a read.

Brilliant argument!

How about the fellow who donates 10 ventilators on condition that one is reserved for him or his family, (if at least one of them is not yet connected to a patient), at the time of his own future medical need?

Ashef

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
James,

The dead are not even identified, the army trucks the bodies away in the worst parts of Italy. When has that happened before!

Folk older than 60 are refused access to mechanical ventilators in parts of Italy.

In Spain entire old age homes are abandoned with starving residents alone, and dead elderly in their beds until the army arrived.
Asher I don't argue wether this is true or not, but in the world (ours) of fake news, whent writting such so you MUST cite your sources!

Asher Kelman

If we close all the roadways we can reduce traffic deaths to zero.
James,

It’s not you we are worried about but the 3-10 people who will die amongst the many, many thousands you eventually infect including a few health care workers.

Those, I remind you are needed to rescue the rest of us: including children with poisoning or asthma or someone with a bleeding ulcer!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher I don't argue wether this is true or not, but in the world (ours) of fake news, whent writting such so you MUST cite your sources!
Yes you are correct. I will do that. But for now do a search ~, in any language:

“Abandoned retirement homes army finds dead in bed”

Asher

James Lemon

Not to minimize the current crisis but why are people hording, jars of peanut butter, toilet paper, masks,s and things that others need like health care workers.The odds for the majority dying from coronavirsus is low. Compare that with something like HIV/aids witch for many years had a 100% fatality rate or the Black Plague. So some of the reactions to the crisis is just creating more problems a shortage of masks as one example.

Asher Kelman

Not to minimize the current crisis but why are people hording, jars of peanut butter, toilet paper, masks,s and things that others need like health care workers.The odds for the majority dying from coronavirsus is low. Compare that with something like HIV/aids witch for many years had a 100% fatality rate or the Black Plague. So some of the reactions to the crisis is just creating more problems a shortage of masks as one example.
In any group, only a small fraction get everything right.

We need folk to come up with solutions.

Some work on fears, others ambition while more are just not equipped enough at this time to compete based on ration approaches.

Out of this amalgam we have the ebb-and-flow of ideas. But some have opinions locked in by upbringing or beliefs caught from someone else like the flu!

So don’t expect too much, unless you are dealing with trained honest professionals and they give you answers in their field and the best imagined approaches outside that.

The masses, however, act out of fashion, fear, ignorance or unwavering belief in salvation no matter what they do!

Asher

Asher Kelman

What about South America, Russia, Baltic States, Asia and Africa?

How are you holding up?

About 6-9 weeks to peak in the USA, 2 times that to trough, I guess!

So I could be we have until August of imprisonment.

Then resurgence October-December!

Asher