• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How are things where you are?

Dr Klaus Schmitt

What about South America, Russia, Baltic States, Asia and Africa?

How are you holding up?

About 6-9 weeks to peak in the USA, 2 times that to trough, I guess!

So I could be we have until August of imprisonment.

Then resurgence October-December!

Asher

You're overly optimistic Asher, shall I send you the scenario calculator of the Swiss institute of Epidemiology ? They have also the US data in it...

Jerome Marot

The streets of Munich are almost deserted at present... except in the area near the main train station. It is also an area with immigrants, some of which are probably not entirely legal.

An interesting read about the situation, which concerns all countries:
https://the-parallax.com/2020/04/09/ebola-hacking-lessons-coronavirus/

Illegal economic migrants excluded from the social safety net, excluded from the health care system, are the perfect reservoir for the virus. They don’t appear in our surveillance. The minute you leave people out because they’re too poor, or black, or Asian, or because of their immigration status, you give the virus a place to hang out, and then it’ll come back.

Obviously, when you have people who are not in a position to quarantine themselves because they lack the space or depend on daily subsistence work, you have a problem.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In Los Angeles, they are now taking much more care of the homeless and letting less dangerous people out of jails.

But blacks and Hispanics, often crowded in smaller apartments or bring drivers, service workers and drivers, have almost double the death rate in some major cities!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
La pandémie profite des différences des classes sociales!
Là encore il vaut mieux être riche et bien loti…

Peter Dexter

In Cali, Colombia we are all of course required to stay at our homes except for medical attention. We are allowed to go shopping and banking once every three days. The day is determined by the last number on your cedula (national ID card). The lines for banks and grocery stores are horrendously long made longer still by everyone keeping a meter and a half distance from the next person. The grocery stores are out of a lot of products. The other day when I completed my errands in the city I was stopped at the entrance to the long mountain road that leads to my community so that young men could spray my car with disinfectant. At home I have lots of room to roam without encountering other people and continue to walk my one and a half kilometer circuit each morning. I pity the poor apartment dwellers in the city who can be fined if they are out on the street when not shopping or banking. They do get to walk their dogs briefly. Of course that's in the middle class barrios. In the poor barrios the people are often out in the street en mass and pretty much impossible to control by the police.

nicolas claris

We just learned from our President Emmanuel Macron that confinement in France will last until May 11. If everything goes well…
Then getting out of confinement would be progressive…
From 11 May, schools, colleges and high schools will reopen "gradually". On the other hand, all places open to the public will remain closed.
We should have more details next week

James Lemon

We just learned from our President Emmanuel Macron that confinement in France will last until May 11. If everything goes well…
Then getting out of confinement would be progressive…
From 11 May, schools, colleges and high schools will reopen "gradually". On the other hand, all places open to the public will remain closed.
We should have more details next week

From what I have understood your President is not popular for his handling of the situation in the first place. Looks like a good salesman though! The U.K government is saying that the lock_down is working but its too soon to talk about when it may end.

Last edited:

Peter Dexter

I've been googling (obligatory new English verb) and here are sone statistics I've found which are more or less recently updated:

Colombia: deaths by virus: 112, population: 49,650,000 so deaths account for .0002%

Peru: deaths by virus: 216, population: 31,990,000 so .0006%

Ecuador: deaths by virus: 355, population: 17,647,000 so .0020%

Brazil: deaths by virus: 1,328, population: 210,000,000, so .0006%

US: deaths by virus: 23.352, population: 331,002,651 so ..0070%

Mathematics errors entirely possible.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
So far so good.
NT has been declared virus free.
Unless there’s some lurking behind a tree.
Or in a bin, up a nose, anything goes.
All we need is to treat the rest of Australians
Like we do the sparrows.
Shoot on sight or set the falcons onto them.
I did have a spider hatch it’s eggs in the living room.
A baby fell onto my hand.
The rest scattered under the furniture.

EB194DC9-9D2F-4546-810E-1D7C8B454CAD.jpeg

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hold the headline.
Just someone getting carried away.
No new cases for 8 days.
Will remain as is.
Christine has baked some biscuits.
Choc chip I believe.
It’s hard to tell.

nicolas claris

From what I have understood your President is not popular for his handling of the situation in the first place. Looks like a good salesman though! The U.K government is saying that the lock_down is working but its too soon to talk about when it may end.
It's true about our president, but he was still much faster than the US and the UK ones...
The main question is his management (and that of the previous presidents...) of masks and protective equipment....
He indicated that the May 11th date could be called into question if the situation does not improve sufficiently by that date .

[EDIT] He also said that we will have to help Africa countries, one of the helps being to cancel their debt…[/EDIT]

Last edited:

nicolas claris

Title of this thread: How are things where you are?

Well not so bad! We're lucky to have a terrace on the rooftop :)

1st BBQ of the year!
On the menu :
• Grilled rib steaks with our « jardin » rosemary
• Homemade red peppers Mediterranean style with basil from our « jardin »
• Small goat's milk cheeses
• Re cooked baguette

• Choice of white or red wine
• Cafés
Not forgetting a very beautiful confined sun!

IMG_4382.jpg

James Lemon

It's true about our president, but he was still much faster than the US and the UK ones...
The main question is his management (and that of the previous presidents...) of masks and protective equipment....
He indicated that the May 11th date could be called into question if the situation does not improve sufficiently by that date .

[EDIT] He also said that we will have to help Africa countries, one of the helps being to cancel their debt…[/EDIT]

Without an exit strategy we are all just kicking the can down the road.

1st BBQ of the year!
On the menu :
• Re cooked baguette

• Cafés

View attachment 4281

“drink what you like and eat what you like,”

Jerome Marot

1st BBQ of the year!
On the menu :
• Re cooked baguette

• Cafés

Il y a effectivement des confinements plus pénibles.

Asher Kelman

Il y a effectivement des confinements plus pénibles.
@ Jérôme,

Nous parvenons à gérer!!

@ Nicolas!

La toit-terrasse est très privé et confortable. Wendy et moi avons de précieux souvenirs de collations généreusement préparées et également plusieurs choix de vins! » dans un air de Bordeaux magnifiquement frais!!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Why that? were they burned? ;)
Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Christine only cooks during pandemics, Nic.
My believe is she is making a cure. Others see her cooking as an attack on those who survive the virus.
Chances are she will either overlook or undercook whatever it is she is attempting.
I bravely eat what she prepares.

Asher Kelman

Munich is famous for the Oktoberfest, one of the largest festivals around, drawing around 6 millions people. It was announced today that the Oktoberfest will not take place this year:
What a pity!

I enjoyed so much everyone being so welcoming and fun!

Painted faces, great beer, meeting people!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, to Munich memories and eventually meeting you, Jérôme, tonight, with gusto, I’ll open a beer my son brewed for us and toast everyone!

A53328FC-24F8-40EB-ADB6-FEBA2C9CA54B.jpeg

......instead of Bordeaux wine tonight!

Asher

nicolas claris

Well, to Munich memories and eventually meeting you, Jérôme, tonight, with gusto, I’ll open a beer my son brewed for us and toast everyone!

......instead of Bordeaux wine tonight!

Asher
Jolie nature morte ! Pour la bière, tu es pardonné !
Que cette fourchette est bien astiquée :) Some good Wendy's food coming I guess :)
I wish I were here!