• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I Woke Up This Morning...

Mike Spinak

pro member
I woke up this morning absolutely covered with an itchy, blotchy, red rash. Thousands and thousands of splotches. What the heck is going on?! This has never happened to me, before.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! This is very unpleasant.

Hey, Asher, could you use some medical pictures of this for your records? Describe to me what you need, and I'll make the pics for you.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Mike

www.mikespinak.com

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Get well soon....

Get well soon Mike. Hope you don't try using the PS cloning tools to get rid of the unwanted splotches but go see a real doctor instead ;-).

Cheers,

Cem

I hope it's not poison ivy/oak, 'cause there is really no cure except for the purely symptomatic itching relief...
Been doing any bush-waking by any creeks lately?
Wish you get better soon in any case!

Ray West

I think its an allergic reation to something, maybe an insect bite, maybe washing powder. I get hayfever antihistamine mayl help, but will not harm, but check with phamasist/doctor. My wife, a nurse, says you're a man, so yo can't be pregnant... What you describe is exactly how I was some years ago due to a reaction to penicillin.
Best wishes,

Mary Bull

Ray West said:
I think its an allergic reation to something, maybe an insect bite, maybe washing powder. I get hayfever antihistamine mayl help, but will not harm, but check with phamasist/doctor. My wife, a nurse, says you're a man, so yo can't be pregnant... What you describe is exactly how I was some years ago due to a reaction to penicillin.
Best wishes,

My late husband, in 1953, had just such a set of symptoms with a penicillin reaction.

His physician prescribed oatmeal baths--dump a carton of rolled oats (Quaker oats, for instance) in a bathtub of warm (not hot, more like tepid) water and get in and soak.
Would relieve the itching temporarily. But was weeks before he was well of the worst of it.

My best thought to Mike: Present yourself in person at the Emergency Room. Get your personal physician to meet you there.

Concerned in Tennessee,

Roger Lambert

at least call your doctor's office, and talk to a nurse to see if you can start to take Benadryl, or the generic form, which is an antihistamine. - she will tell you if it is OK to take it.

She can also get you right in to see the doc, if it is possible - don't deal with the receptionist. :)

Last edited:

Mike Spinak

pro member
It looks like there is wireless available in the emergency room. I must look quite dramatic; they were afraid to let me into the emergency room, then they gave me a mask I have to wear, and directed me to what appears to be my own private quarantined area.

I am still waiting to see a doctor. I don't feel awful.

I'll keep you informed. Thanks for the good wishes, everybody, and special thanks to Asher for true friendship as well as informed help.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don't worry. The two most worrysome problems are dealt with by antibiotics.

Rashes always frighten people. email me w84u at mac.com

Waiting for the call!

Asher

Anita Saunders

Good wishes going out to you Mike.

I hope it's nothing too serious. Allergic reactions can develop at any time throughout life eg you may eat prawns for years and be fine but one day an allergy develops.

Thinking of you cooped up in quarantine :(

Mary Bull

Mike Spinak said:
Thanks, G.

It does not appear to be an allergic reaction.

More, soon.

Mike

Sincere and on-going good wishes to you.

I'm so glad you went to the ER.

When I had pneumonia last August but didn't know it, I whined around to some mailing-list friends for over a week before I finally did the sensible thing and went to a doctor. Was the advice, delivered with a light touch, of a practicing surgeon in that particular group of friends, that tipped the balance and sent me for practical help.

Get well soon, Mike!

Best wishes always,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm glad I spoke to Mike and suggested the diagnosis and had him not wait.

A warning, however nature loving we are, rememeber, to protect your self.

I'm starting a new thread for this!

Asher