• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is it only my iPad?

fahim mohammed

Recently, I begin to notice that whenever I try to link to an image ( paste the image url ),
I am logged off from the site. Only from my iPad/s

Does not happen from my other Macs.

Any suggestions?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Fahim
I don't know if it is for the same reason but for some time I have to log in each time I try to connect with my iPhone 5…

fahim mohammed

Hello Nicolas. I don't know. I tried with different iPads, and get the same problem.
I cannot post an image.

Maybe Asher has turned image postings off for me!!

Best.

Michael Nagel

Fahim, Nicolas,

Standard questions:
What browser? Safari I suppose.
Same behaviour with Firefox or Chrome?

Best regards,
Michael

fahim mohammed

Michael, I am using Safari IOS 8.3.0

When I click the icon to insert an image link, I am logged out and returned to the desktop.

Thanks.

Fahim, Nicolas,

Standard questions:
What browser? Safari I suppose.
Same behaviour with Firefox or Chrome?

Best regards,
Michael

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Hello Nicolas. I don't know. I tried with different iPads, and get the same problem.
I cannot post an image.

Maybe Asher has turned image postings off for me!!

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I cannot "post" an image to the forum, other than by giving the URL to where it is hosted on some site. **

Is that what you are speaking of?

Where are the images of interest hosted?

If I have an image "on my machine", I cannot include it in a forum message until I upload it to my site, where it is then "hosted".

I'm not at all familiar with "smartphones" and the lands in which they work.

** I understand that some can do this, but not peons like me.​
Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

When I click the icon to insert an image link, I am logged out and returned to the desktop.

I normally do not use the iPad to connect to OPF, but I tried it today. I have the same problem, so it is not only you: when I click the icon to insert an image link (or the other icon to insert a link), Safari quits and I am returned to the desktop.

Jerome Marot

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I cannot "post" an image to the forum, other than by giving the URL to where it is hosted on some site. **

Is that what you are speaking of?

Yes.

Where are the images of interest hosted?

That is irrelevant, since the browser crashes before I can enter the URL defining where the image would be hosted. The images are not hosted on OPF, if that is your question.

nicolas claris

I normally do not use the iPad to connect to OPF, but I tried it today. I have the same problem, so it is not only you: when I click the icon to insert an image link (or the other icon to insert a link), Safari quits and I am returned to the desktop.

Jerome
Can you try with Chrome?
It exists for iPhone then surely for iPads…

EDIT:
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/chrome-le-navigateur-web-google/id535886823?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foxbrowser/id550365886?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id594704446

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

Yes.

That is irrelevant, since the browser crashes before I can enter the URL defining where the image would be hosted. The images are not hosted on OPF, if that is your question.
No, my question (to Fahim) was not "are the images hosted on OPF". I assumed they were not.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

I try not use google products when I can avoid them.

Fully agree, and I don't myself except when Safari does not work with some sites (especially with sites owned by the French government administration!).
In that case I use Firefox…
My suggestion for Chrome was just to see if it is an OS prob or browser's

Robert Watcher

Your post made me curious Fahim. So when I attempt to add a link to a post using the link button in the editor ---- same thing happens. The browser crashes and sends me back to home page on the iPad.

I tried with 3 other forms I visit - 2 using different forum software --- all they crashed the same way. So it must be a Safari thing. That is the browser I currently have. It appears to be anything that triggers the pop-up edit box, causing the issue with the editor.

I have never noticed, because I always type by own bb tags when inserting images, so all works fine.

If I come across anything further, I will reply here.

fahim mohammed

It has been working fine for a long time, though.

I noticed the issue the day I started the thread.

Thanks all for your responses and inputs.

Robert Watcher

It has been working fine for a long time, though.

I noticed the issue the day I started the thread.

Thanks all for your responses and inputs.

There is a fair bit about it on the web. Seems to be related to the latest iOS update that most of us installed in the last week or so. Hopefully Apple will recognize this issue and fix in an update soon.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I gave up posting photos using the iPad long ago. Damned annoying. Seems like the log in times out before I get a chance to finish.
It's not just Arab iPads, Fahim. The Aussie versions do the same. Maybe it's an Adventiist plot. Since God is all knowing, you'd think she'd fix it.
I'm still waiting for the day when I can upload a photo directly from my hard drive without the palaver of udl's or whatever the **** they are called.