• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Its chucking it down, but still...

Paul Iddon

Today, spotted this Camera-wetticus flashsoaked-ii globby on the fence šŸ˜… It was (is still) bucketing down and I couldn't manage any better than these in the conditions...

Itā€™s Dicyrtomina saundersi...

gl02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gl03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Paul Iddon

Dicyrtomina saundersi... is one of the small "globular" Springtails (Collembola) from the family Dicyrtomidae. Within its distribution range it is easily found in leaf litter from late fall to early spring. It can be confused with other species of Dicyrtomina, most notably with D. ornata.

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Dicyrtomina saundersi... is one of the small "globular" Springtails (Collembola) from the family Dicyrtomidae. Within its distribution range it is easily found in leaf litter from late fall to early spring. It can be confused with other species of Dicyrtomina, most notably with D. ornata.

Paul.
Those are pretty resilient creatures! But are they sought after by birds?

Paul Iddon

I doubt most likely birds would bother, maybe blue tits or great tits, but in general, I would think they're pretty safe from our feathered friends.

Paul