• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Jasmine Vine

Charlotte Thompson

This is growing on my fence in the backyard on a circular natural grapevine I made years ago- I love the black and white treatment-The very first of my Spring Blooms-

DSC_0401.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is growing on my fence in the backyard on a circular natural grapevine I made years ago- I love the black and white treatment-The very first of my Spring Blooms-

DSC_0401.jpg

Hi Charlotte,

This is a fresh and bold picture, with the stakes seeming to work to the benefit of it's structure. That surprised me!

I am fond of B&W versions of flowers as they show fine textures, form and tonal gradations especially well. However, this is not a blank universe you venture into, far from it. This wonderful space is already populated by the icons of photography such as Edward Weston. However, there's plenty of room for our work too!

I am keen to see a closeup of the blooms. Could you either post a cut out. (If you want, (and don't feel at all pressed,) you can also send me the original file by yousendt.com to editor.opfATmac.com (@ replaces AT), so I can look at the color and different approaches to B&W. This is an image where one might do a lot of things, including clonng out the wooden stakes or else using them in a composition. However, at the size posted, can't appreciate everything that for sure is there.

StuartRae

Hi Charlotte,

Praise be for the brown smidge. :)
The subtle colour turns a boring greyscale into something wonderful.

Thanks for posting it.

Stuart

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thank you- I will try to send the original files to the add you sent and I did do a cut out of one of the flowers-funny you should ask- but didn't post
the background is an old weather worn wood fence-I didn't care for the color shot at "all!" looked like another yellow flower shot to me so I played with the black and white shadow and a touch light touch of brown to give it some kind of strength to "talk"
I will post a cut out-

Stuart

as I said to Asher- the color original was "just another flower shot" for me
so I decided to give them some kind of original voice " a new song" if you will-
thank you again!

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

Thank you and I love any ind of flower vine! This is a very Southern flower btw-

Ron

Thank you- I always like to experiment a bit with color-

Charlotte Thompson

John

yup that little tiny simdge o other color worked
thanks for coming by
glad you are back

William

thank you perhaphs I will post it soon

Doug

you arer right! it is carolina Jessamine all the while I thought is Jasmine