• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Jedi Knights are not original..

fahim mohammed

Steven Spielberg took the dress ideas from the Maghreb; worn here from time immemorial.

This time around, the people shots were Ayesha's responsibility. This then is her thread.

p446351255.jpg

fahim mohammed

A Jedi at the gates of the Old City..Darth Vader may have visited here.

p574563729.jpg

But a brave and honorable knight never the less.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steven Spielberg took the dress ideas from the Maghreb; worn here from time immemorial.

This time around, the people shots were Ayesha's responsibility. This then is her thread.

p446351255.jpg

Of course, he not only has the original cloak, but the posture, character and bearing too. He's obviousloy a Jedi knight prototype!

Asher

Matt Halstead

I like the subject matter of this short series, but for my tastes some of the images, in particular the close up of the elderly man seem too contrasty, with burned out areas that detract from the image. I'm assuming this image was taken on a very bright day? If so, it is often beneficial to wait for later in teh day when the light is softer, or indeed a cloudy day (clouds make great softboxes!)

Very interesting characters though :)

fahim mohammed

I like the subject matter of this short series, but for my tastes some of the images, in particular the close up of the elderly man seem too contrasty, with burned out areas that detract from the image. I'm assuming this image was taken on a very bright day? If so, it is often beneficial to wait for later in teh day when the light is softer, or indeed a cloudy day (clouds make great softboxes!)

Very interesting characters though :)

Matt, thanks for stopping by. And thank you for your advice.

You are correct, of course.

Unfortunately, travelers travel. People go about their business. There is no time, in our ( my wife's

and my ) kind of photography to usually wait or revist locations.

Very rarely is the Force strong for us in photography. We are thankful for what we get.

Kindest regards.

Matt Halstead

Matt, thanks for stopping by. And thank you for your advice.

You are correct, of course.

Unfortunately, travelers travel. People go about their business. There is no time, in our ( my wife's

and my ) kind of photography to usually wait or revist locations.

Very rarely is the Force strong for us in photography. We are thankful for what we get.

Kindest regards.

Lovely words.

'You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere'

:)