• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Steven Sinski

in commercial aviation when a member of the flight crew ends his/her career on their final landing upon entering the gates area the aircraft is given the "shower" by the emergency fire fighting team as a honor for service. today was a different group. approx 70+ Aircraft Mx Techs took an early retirement (all with between 20-35 years of experience) and they were boarded on a B787-8 and given the same honor a flight crew would get with techs driving the plane too. a bittersweet day for a whole lot of talent. i was included but chose instead to "get the shot". i am proud to be one of them
ACD706C_DxO-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Steven,
in commercial aviation when a member of the flight crew ends his/her career on their final landing upon entering the gates area the aircraft is given the "shower" by the emergency fire fighting team as a honor for service. today was a different group. approx 70+ Aircraft Mx Techs took an early retirement (all with between 20-35 years of experience) and they were boarded on a B787-8 and given the same honor a flight crew would get with techs driving the plane too. a bittersweet day for a whole lot of talent. i was included but chose instead to "get the shot". i am proud to be one of them
Great shot, and congratulations to you for being one of those honored. We so often put our lives in the hands of these people.

Best regards,

Doug

Steven Sinski

33 years and yes i did take it seriously. really didn't want to go too. the timing was right and the offer good. thank you (y)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have a great appreciation for reliable people in essential services. Things don’t get to go smoothly by themselves!

Thanks for your service!
I salute you for helping make flying pretty damned safe!

Asher