• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

Late Afternoon Reflections in Rural Southern Ontario

8B66FEDE-97DB-4E42-81F9-EAFB13636245.jpeg

DA4C2DF1-DC58-4557-9600-D66F27116FD4.jpeg

0F0D026D-5F47-4C63-84AB-02D90487EBCB.jpeg

C5F7E91F-263D-4660-9CCF-4746CA047BA3.jpeg

561DE1A0-C467-423F-A19D-5142D0FE9E08.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wonderful mood-setting Images .Where is this?

Did you use a filter on the last one!

Almost Van Goghian!

I kove it!

Robert Watcher

Wonderful mood-setting Images .Where is this?

Did you use a filter on the last one!

Almost Van Goghian!

I kove it!

no filters. Just subtle processing - adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpening as I normally do. The textures created by the ripples of the water were beautiful.

The variations in colour on this set of images, almost look like I had a colour neutral density filter on - but I didn’t. Browns and golds at top of images were reflections from the bare ground or field, middle area was a wide open sky expanse where the tall baren trees with new spring growth reflected deep into the ripples of the lake, and the foreground waters were darkened slightly by the talk overhanging trees that I was shooting through from the sideroad.

———

These are a couple of small hidden lakes, about 1/2 hour from where we are staying in Ontario. This area is stunning in the fall colours and covered with green lily pads. That’s the time of year Anne and I like to drive down the country road and enjoy.

It was nice to find some new perspectives yesterday, created by the stark white trees and few dried up purply coloured lily pads. There was also a mismatch of colour temperatures as I photographed shooting through tree limbs that had a blue cast against the warmer coloured background - or perhaps the limbs were reflecting the intense blue sky - or a combination of both. It was striking.

50DEF3E1-220F-4BF6-B2ED-A440EAD6E9FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

I prefer your edits but the is already good out of the camera!

Photos (exposure, composition, etc) should always be great when captured (out of camera). Processing should only be for making adjustments that tweak the image to taste —- not for fixing bad pics.

———

Robert Watcher

Any idea what plants they were in that last picture? I wonder if I could reproduce it

I dont know what you are referring to. It is a lake with tall budding trees on the edge that are reflected in the water - and new spring lily pads floating on the water. That’s all.

Last edited: