• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking back in time - Robert Doisneau

Michael Nagel

It was 17 years ago, when Robert Doisneau closed his eyes forever.

His work is very important (to me), as he told entire stories with just one photo, catching the moment and putting it into perspective.

I hope that his work will continue to encourage and inspire photographers.

Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It was 17 years ago, when Robert Doisneau closed his eyes forever.

His work is very important (to me), as he told entire stories with just one photo, catching the moment and putting it into perspective.

I hope that his work will continue to encourage and inspire photographers.

Michael

What a wonderful website to share!

The little set of 3 rectangles at the lower right reminded me of the need to have a viewing choice, "CHOISISSEZ L'AMBIANCE GRAPHIQUE".

23640287.jpg

This one is humorous! The official website does not flow although it's encyclopedic. Start there with a few galleries. Then, for a far easier approach to his pictures, try this and click on any picture. A slide show will start. Excuse the "Fleur de Paris" song, but it's French, after all!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"'I've never examined why I make photos. In truth it's a hopeless struggle against the idea that one will die. It's something I'm more prepared for, because one shouldn't think that every action is temporary and momentary. I try obstinately to stop this time that is passing.' Robert Doisneau (Robert Doisneau Biography paragraph 6)." Source!

Dommage! So it's not my own original idea after all!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Michael, One of my favorite photographer.

Paris is Robert Doisneau. One of my wishes is to take a long holiday and visit the same places
Robert did And photograph them.

I, personally, rank HCB below Mr. Doisneau as a photographer.

Michael Nagel

Asher - it is funny, I discovered his work through books (a present from my wife) and see that his work is well present on the web.

Fahim - I love his photos as they are poetry in black and white for me. I am afraid, that his work belongs to these, which cannot be extended in a similar way, as the current laws and general attitude of people towards their pictures has changed. I understand both positions and I'm torn...

Winston - glad you like his work.

Bets regards,
Michael

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I'd never seen his work before but I find his composition very interesting indeed, far more modern than the time he was shooting in.