• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Loving Strangers & Escaping from Death

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Covid is pretty well over in Los Angeles. Folk have a hunger to touch one another and show themselves!

FE3C89AC-BF8C-4B0A-9DDB-0CFFD3DCCAA1.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Beverly Hills Diners #1

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fascinating!

That voice isn’t heard yet in this City!

Pretty well 75% of people are no longer wearing masks. That would correspond very crudely to the percent vaccinated!

But we are in a very Democratic-leaning population in Beverly Hills, California and Democrats already were vaccinated months ago.

In Westwood, nearby, the same liberated mood, like D-Day!

Asher

Jerome Marot

That voice isn’t heard yet in this City!

Then I am not really sure what is going on. Here, in Munich or Bavaria, the weekly incidence is lower than in Los Angeles county (0.8 versus 2.2). Restaurants re-opened, but one still needs masks between the tables. Masks are compulsory in shops and public transport, etc... The news are full of articles about the Delta variant and people are talking about the UK (24.5), Portugal (13.3). Lisbon is in lockdown and people flying back are quarantined.

Asher Kelman

Then I am not really sure what is going on. Here, in Munich or Bavaria, the weekly incidence is lower than in Los Angeles county (0.8 versus 2.2). Restaurants re-opened, but one still needs masks between the tables. Masks are compulsory in shops and public transport, etc... The news are full of articles about the Delta variant and people are talking about the UK (24.5), Portugal (13.3). Lisbon is in lockdown and people flying back are quarantined.
In Red States, the extent of immunity is really low. So far, in Beverly Hills and the rest of Southern CA, the Public are not nervous:

1. Republicans are only 40% vaccinated at a rough guess. 12-30 year olds just 20% vaccinated so Red states are very vulnerable

2. Blue States like NY and California has massive infections and mortality during the hight of the Pandemic but now those folk plus the high level of vaccination means we are much safer, or thats what our delusions tell us!

3. In Israel, with some of the highest vaccination success, the Delta variant spread from cheaters slipping through the Ben Gurion Airport and is spreading even in vaccinated people but in general they are not getting ill! So from that, our American populations ARE at risk, as you correctly point out!

But right now, we are feeling so liberated and folk are starting to date!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jérôme,

I am sure I could have found a person passing by wearing a mask! However, those are like homeless folk, huddled in doorways,(when one visits a big city on vacation), we walk on, continuing our conversations and pretty well, the masked passers- by are hardly noticed, as mostly we are so happy and passionate to see other faces at last!

29787A4B-78A9-4EDB-A37D-D154AA1CBD6A.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Crossing The Lines”