• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Making more snow

Jarmo Juntunen

Two snow cannons blasting away to make new snow to ensure early opening of next season. Seen at Ounasvaara Ski Resort, Rovaniemi, Finland.

Lumit%C3%B6iss%C3%A4IMG_0167.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

A majestic scene!

088E0A69-6666-4964-8CE7-8B20F35001AD.jpeg

It would never occur to me that Finland would even own snow machines, never mind need them in a ski resort.

Was this always the case, decades ago?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

James, thanks for stopping by! I`m sure not many folks around here share our love for snow!

Asher, ski resorts have been `making` snow as long as I can remember. They try to prolong their season at both ends. Sadly, though, global warming effects the nature in Lapland, too. This year Rovaniemi had permanent snow only in January.