• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Moody Landscape - iPhone photography

Robert Watcher

Some people don’t like driving around on a dreary day in the mist and fog —-— a photographer does.

Took a spin around local Ontario country roads with Anne just now. I didnt bother taking my mirrorless camera, knowing that between Anne & I we had two phones. This shot taken with iPhone 8, processed on iPad with Snapseed app

F0F6C5EF-3370-41D7-AC72-CF4E36AA9D24.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

These are such unusual images.

One could spend a great deal of time preparing thrn for printing and to bring out the many and varied signals for mood.

I experimented for only 15 minutes and already made mistakes in increasing saturation too much and getting full expression of the trees in the mist and keep them subtle.

This is the class of picture, I’d wager, that Ansel Adams might struggle in the darkroom with over a period of 6 months finding 1 or 2 versions that excelled and yet returning to this again with greater determination and new ideas a year and again 10 years later.

it is that fascinating and challenging a picture!

Thanks for sharing such impressive images!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Interesting Asher

Very subtle processing on these images to make the final result special. Maybe not even what would be expected.

96E54663-66E8-4CBF-844C-FB00E4E755E7.jpeg

F0F6559C-3807-489B-82A8-BFD13A86CCCA.jpeg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I spent more time here than I would admit for a picture that’s not mine andcit has been a good challenge and exercise for me.

However, I didn’t complete my efforts.

But I enjoy the challenge and it’s very worthwhile to have such a problem to face. The picture is better than I am!

Asher