• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More from Backstage Pass

Doug Kerr

Hi, Chris,
Shot at ISO 9600

A wondrous image! The B&W works so well here (and of course as you so aptly pointed out) offers an advantage in actually capturing a "good" image) in this lighting situation.

Did you need to use any "special" steps in postprocessing to deal with any noise in the image as taken?

Best regards,

Doug

Chris Calohan

When he gets back from his travels up north, I plan to do a portrait session with him. As to PP, I generally work in Silver Efex Pro 2 using no additional plug ins but working with either the blue or red filters to offset the effect of the stage lighting. In addition, I use the noise reduction plug in found in the NIK package. Mostly, I don't have to do too much else as the D500 handles high ISO's with ease.

Chris Calohan

Oh no, but it is quite loud enough that my shutter actuation wouldn't disturb anyone. They allow me to go onstage (which I rarely do) and to shoot from pretty much anywhere I choose. I have never had an audience or band complaint as I take great care to be unobtrusive.