• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Morning in Goa - Part 1

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
From my series Morning in Goa.

siolim-morning.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From my series

Morning in Goa.

siolim-morning.jpg

Rajan,

This is such a pleasant surprise. We have a rising sun and a boat peacefully moored offshore. I wished you had just a little more of the foreground so we could see the beginning of the first line. No doubt, this was just one of many more pictures. Now I'll visit your link and explore!

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Asher,

I shot a number of frames with variations around the basic composition. I even composed a couple in portrait mode. The line actually comes down under the bridge on which I was standing, so you don't actually see its starting point. Here is a composition after the sun got up. To me, it does not have the same serene feel as the one I showed in my blog post, but then it does have the added element of the canoe when the fishermen came out. In my blog post, I deliberately did not show the sun in any of the 3 images. (Note: I am still sorting through the photo shoot, so this is a quick rendering.)

siolim-sunrise.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

I shot a number of frames with variations around the basic composition. I even composed a couple in portrait mode. The line actually comes down under the bridge on which I was standing, so you don't actually see its starting point. Here is a composition after the sun got up. To me, it does not have the same serene feel as the one I showed in my blog post, but then it does have the added element of the canoe when the fishermen came out. In my blog post, I deliberately did not show the sun in any of the 3 images. (Note: I am still sorting through the photo shoot, so this is a quick rendering.)

siolim-sunrise.jpg

This picture works well. It's also interesting to consider it with everything below the large moored boat, cropped away. Then the boat anchors the eye. It is still asleep and the active part if the canoe with the early morning fishermen and a great reflection of morning fire on the water.

Asher