• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Most unprofessional wedding photographer

eleanormiles

I have been to many weddings and have talked with many wedding photographers over the years. But what I saw this weekend was so appalling that I nearly went up to the photographer and said as much.

One of my wife's friends go married last Friday night. As I do for most weddings I took my camera. I never have any intention of shooting the actual ceremony or anything else that is in the realm of what the hired photog is to cover. I mainly shoot the guests during the reception. My intentions from the start is to stay as far away from the hired photog as I can. No difference this time around. The wedding was delayed so I took some shots while people were waiting. Took some candid's of the groom and groomsman while they waited. basically once the ceremony started I put my back against the back wall and never moved form there.

The photographer had 2 assistants with him both shooting video. During the actual ceremony one of the assistance phone rang twice and than the photographers phone rang right as the couple was doing their vows. Nothing like missing the money shot to your you phone off

Move onto the reception and the Photog is no where to be found during the Best-mans speech and than shows up at the end of the maid of honor speech. Fortunately right before the toast his phone rang again and he walked out of the room to take the call. When he came back he was nice enough to ask to have the toast reenacted so he could get pictures of it.

I was so pissed for the couple. I don't even want to know what they spent for that misrepresentation of professionalism.

eleanormiles

I have been to many weddings and have talked with many wedding photographers over the years. But what I saw this weekend was so appalling that I nearly went up to the photographer and said as much.

One of my wife's friends go married last Friday night. As I do for most weddings I took my camera. I never have any intention of shooting the actual ceremony or anything else that is in the realm of what the hired photog is to cover. I mainly shoot the guests during the reception. My intentions from the start is to stay as far away from the hired photog as I can. No difference this time around. The wedding was delayed so I took some shots while people were waiting. Took some candid's of the groom and groomsman while they waited. basically once the ceremony started I put my back against the back wall and never moved form there.

The photographer had 2 assistants with him both shooting video. During the actual ceremony one of the assistance phone rang twice and than the photographers phone rang right as the couple was doing their vows. Nothing like missing the money shot to your you phone off
my suggestion for you Wedding photographer marrakech morocco
Move onto the reception and the Photog is no where to be found during the Best-mans speech and than shows up at the end of the maid of honor speech. Fortunately right before the toast his phone rang again and he walked out of the room to take the call. When he came back he was nice enough to ask to have the toast reenacted so he could get pictures of it.

I was so pissed for the couple. I don't even want to know what they spent for that misrepresentation of professionalism.
thanks in advance for any help