• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

mute bet dzivo

Imants K

Banned
ca1966.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Imants,

Is that mute but alive?

I like the generous provision of black to allow us to populate the picture with our own wonderings about her thoughts. The hands are remarkable. Even though we are shown just one, we can "see" two as our brain simply imagines the other one in the correct position perhaps handing by her side. Only in black would this effect likely work. The slumped figure is seemingly deep in repose. It's good she can sleep, sitting. Some organizations can eat at the same time!

Thanks so much for sharing her with us. We won't wake her up or they'll be hell to pay!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

I think this is a special picture. Where are your opinions?
Hi Asher,

With all due respect, Imants K is not a poster who communicates with people who react to his pictures. He just shows some pictures and withdraws them later for no apparent reason. There is never any explanation given. Having replied to his previous posts and having gotten no reactions, there isnt any incentive for me in keeping that up. So I'll pass, thanks.

Cheers,

Imants K

Banned
Sure I withdraw them after a week or so as the purpose is spent. Two posts one about my name, the second about too many sections in the forum and people went ballistic.
Your choice about reacting to a image........Cem you reacted to one image and that said happy new year you said "Happy new year to you too!"....... I already said Happy New year, did I have to repeat it to you?.. shrug!

Cem_Usakligil

Sure I withdraw them after a week or so as the purpose is spent. Two posts one about my name, the second about too many sections in the forum and people went ballistic.
Your choice about reacting to a image........Cem you reacted to one image and that said happy new year you said "Happy new year to you too!"....... I already said Happy New year, did I have to repeat it to you?.. shrug!
I appreciate the reaction Imants. I may have sounded unreasonably negative in my previous post. If so, I apologize. The point I was trying to make is that, in my personal opinion, your approach to posting here is rather one-sided as an artist. You obviously have a definitive intent in your creating your art but you are also reluctant to getting involved in any discussions regarding what that might be. Of course, we do not need to know the intent of an artist for appreciating his art. In your case, I truly appreciate your pictures. That appreciation remains however -in line with your approach- locked in my head. Unless we start discussing, you shall never really know whether you have achieved your intent as an artist or not. I truly hope you understand what I'm trying to say here?

Imants K

Banned
Once a image or artwork is presented in the public domain the creator has no conrtol over it, the public can do as it wishes
I'm pretty liberal in showing my images and they are scattered all over the place, that's the nature of the net, it come goes etc just as newsprint does. Nothing is that precious that it has to stay still, manifesting into other forms etc keep it alive for a while until it's time is spent
Most of my stuff is something one looks at and then one moves on and gets on with other stuff
http://www.etrouko.com.au/awash.htm

Really it is either look or ignore........ we have enough crap skating in our bread baskets

ps I am out of sync with a lot of posters as now it is midnight and I am up in 5 hours, with a 4 hour drive and then on with the day

Asher Kelman

Hi Imants,

I'm happy to see your pictures and then be perplexed as to what you might intend but then do my own thinking. It's up to you, the artist to set the framework and limit the universe for your work. You did this with your title here, "mute bet dzivo".

This very statement can be taken to cover so much in our social life and our lack of involvement with issues we should be concerned with. Maybe you had no intention to suggest this allegorical extraction. Still, in the extent that I own sliver of experience with your art, my views are valid.

Art can provide a space to exercise one's imagination. That you do! Please don't remove your pictures from OPF as I get an idea and like to return to them. I find it helpful and agreeable to do so.

Thanks.

Asher

As for Cem, he's correct in enjoying feedback to his critique so he can stay on track.

OK I get it now. This is a test isn't it? You are now just throwing up a snapshot to see who drools and fauns over it like it is an artistic masterpiece, right? Or is this an artistic masterpiece and I am just too crude and uncouth to realize it? It is definitely a far cry from your usual, creative and interesting images, at least to me, so I am a little disoriented.
James

Asher Kelman

OK I get it now. This is a test isn't it? You are now just throwing up a snapshot to see who drools and fauns over it like it is an artistic masterpiece, right? Or is this an artistic masterpiece and I am just too crude and uncouth to realize it? It is definitely a far cry from your usual, creative and interesting images, at least to me, so I am a little disoriented.
James
James, I guess so!

Imants K is what he is. He throws something into a ring and then goes off leaving the dogs to sniff at it, bite of a piece and maybe get sick in the process. It's up to each dog, I guess to know what he's eating!

One can put perfume on a whore and a fine dress, send her to manners school but she is still what she is. So what's beautiful may not really be so wonderful. In the converse, all that looks shoddy may not be rubbish.

This picture shows a boy posing by a number of goats. A man behind him appears to notice something and perhaps it's what the boy was noticing too. None of the goats are imaged really. So what's this? Is it artistic? Is it just being annoying?

The boy is well placed but the image has no respect for the viewer, we are not faced with an agreeable image. We like the boy but not the secretive obscure manner of disclosing what's around him.

Is it brilliant, nonsense, a spoof on self-importance. I think all of the above!

Asher