• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Blog

Andrew Stannard

pro member
HI,

I've recently created a blog to sit along side my existing website:

http://astannard.blogspot.com/

Woudl be interested to know what people think, and if they've done something similar. I've tried to keep the design complementary to my own site, but can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Only 3 posts so far! BUt hope to grow the number quickly.

Intention? To provide a bit more of an informal perspective to my work, a means for writing my thoughts and (hopefully) something that once developed will drive a bit more traffic to my main site.

Thanks for looking,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Andrew,

What's particularly noticeable is the beauty of picture making. You have used a similar color palette for the photographs you share and that immediately gives you a branding. It's like we know you speak French or can do algebra and make the best apple cider. Not only do we know what you like to photograph, but there's a consistency in theme and also in the care with which the pictures are post processed, conservatively but with the obvious desire to bring beauty and magic of landscape in a blend of painterly and almost French Impressionistic way, but with hardly a hint of pretension. Yes there's a pink glow in the snow in the first picture, but we accept that as real, just for now, because we have bought in to your desire for joy and pleasurable versioning of the real world.

The world really is much more harsh and the colors less saturated than those your pictures use to seduce us to imagine! But it's a great journey your blog gives us. So kudos to you! :)

It's not advice we should give to you. Rather we might glean a little from your example. Anyone who looks at your work would be happy to have you photograph for their project!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andrew,

HI,

I've recently created a blog to sit along side my existing website:

http://astannard.blogspot.com/

That is lovely. I like the clear, straightforward style and consistent formatting (I know that won't always be the best thing, but it is nice).

Very soothing colors and style.

I haven't had a chance yet to look at the text, but it looks very interesting and informative.

Congratulations.

Best regards,

Doug

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

Thanks to all for the kind words. Always good to get some positive feedback when starting out with a bit of a new venture.

Will be interesting to see how this works out in the long term. Short term I've got plenty of material for the blog, but suspect there may come a time when I feel more 'under pressure' to produce new entries.

Cheers,