• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New recall actions and frimware for 1D3 and 1Ds3

Bartek Podkowa

I just found the information about two new recall actions from Canon for 1D mark III and 1Ds mark III as well as new formware versions for both of the 1 models.

My personal 1Ds mark III had a few mirror hangs recently so I might be accounted for :)

1Ds mark III firmware 1.1.4:
http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eos1dsm3/firmware-e.html

Mirror recall:

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support...faqtcmuri=tcm:13-631121&page=1&type=important

AF recall:
http://www.canon-europe.com/Support...faqtcmuri=tcm:13-631109&page=1&type=important

next batch of recall actions - not so bad for a product line :)
:)))))

Daniel Buck

good to see Canon taking care of their customers :) It seems a little late, but I imagine it took them a while to nail down 100% what actually fixed the strange issue

6 day turn around, Newport News (NN) then off to NJ and they fixed a bunch of stuff I didn't know was wearing out for free in the process even though it is well out of warranty.

I like very much. Unfortunately it has been raining on the days when I had time to shoot and clear on the days I haven't since getting mine back, but it is at least as good then when I sent it off. Since all my problems were usually cropping up outdoors in bright sunny weather, it has been a little hard to test it.

But very satisfied with Canon service.

Someday though I hope they allow walk-ins at the NN facility - seeing as how I live in NN, VA, that would be real handy :)

My 1DsIII went into the UK service centre last Thursday morning and was ready Monday morning. Got it back (collection, not couriered) and it's working fine. My Sigma 150MM Macro that was giving me Err99 is not working OK, or so it appears on a quick test shoot.

Time to reset all those microadjustments though...

My 1DsIII went into the UK service centre last Thursday morning and was ready Monday morning. Got it back (collection, not couriered) and it's working fine. My Sigma 150MM Macro that was giving me Err99 is not working OK, or so it appears on a quick test shoot.

Time to reset all those microadjustments though...

Hi Peter,

Did you send it in for the Err99 or the off-centre AF issue, or both?
What did the paperwork say? Any details about what was done/replaced/adjusted?

My 1Ds3 body is scheduled for fixing later this month, so it would be nice to know and compare notes.

Bart

I know I had the Err99 issue. The paperwork just says "brought up to factory spec" or similar and doesn't detail the exact work done. I am not sure I ever had any off-centre / offset focus issue, but my Sigma macro now works, so I am a happy camper.

Ivan Garcia

I had my repair done last February (before the announcement) after I took my 500mm, 1Ds and 1D to be matched (the micro adjustment was +20 for all lenses and +20 for the lens itself for the 1D making it a +40 in total, and +20/+10 for the 1Ds).

I didn't think much at the time, but when I picked up the bodies the engineer advised me to recalibrate all my lenses.

My bodies work like a dream after the fix and recalibration. I sent an email when the announcement was made and my suspicion was confirmed, the repair was already done.

Trust me guys, is like night and day... even if you think your body works fine, send it.

Graham Jones

Thanks, I sent mine in
clear.gif