• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New-York – November 2012

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
In November 2012 I went to New York for an appointment with an agent. I took the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Manhattan, the 645D in hand … All images were shot hand held, mostly from a taxi or the roof of a bus.

_NCL7358.jpg

_NCL7399.jpg

_NCL7268.jpg

_NCL7295.jpg

More here

Cem_Usakligil

Great images Nicolas. One should also click the "more here" link to see the rest. I know that it is not an easy task to use this camera handheld. You have done well. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In November 2012 I went to New York for an appointment with an agent. I took the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Manhattan, the 645D in hand … All images were shot hand held, mostly from a taxi or the roof of a bus.

_NCL7358.jpg

I like the angle repeated by the W and the slop of hte building on the right and the brick facade on the top of the foremost building. The lines have the eyes move this is balanced by the bright spots of the lit windows on the left which make they eyes stop in their tracks.

Asher

nicolas claris

Thank you Cem. Don't ask me to try B&W ! ;;; )))

Thank you Asher, framing, careful framing… and light. And colors…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

_NCL7399.jpg

This one Nicolas has the roof on fire. Very editorial. good for a poster or a cover. The picture grabs you and then the text closes the deal. The hues here are beautiful I don't know whether this is the the lighting, the camera or your workflow?

Asher

nicolas claris

This one Nicolas has the roof on fire. Very editorial. good for a poster or a cover. The picture grabs you and then the text closes the deal. The hues here are beautiful I don't know whether this is the the lighting, the camera or your workflow?

Asher

The deal? just NYC at night!
Since you know me you should know that I don't do tricks in my pics (ok, sometimes I repair bad plies in the sails of sail boats!). This red halo is a neon red light… you can see it also here.