• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Newborn and infant shots in natural lighting

chi pritchard

A few newborn shots that I took a few weeks ago. I love it when a house has lots of bay windows and lots and lots of natural lighting. Each of the houses were perfect settings for these 2 to 4 week old infant shots.

5864175128_ac673c03b2.jpg

5864184004_49c752cb92.jpg

5864183952_014b23741f.jpg

Charleston Infant and Newborn Photographer

fahim mohammed

Where is the NSPCC?

I honestly do not think this is cute.

One of The Lord's greatest creations dressed up as bunnies and in buckets!!

But that is my opinion. And probably in total contrast to that of the majority. Especially those of the parents and clients.

Sorry.

chi pritchard

Thank you Charlotte. Two of the three newborns were over 8 weeks premature and spent several weeks in the hospital. The parents and newborns have had some really tough go of it the last few weeks. They are survivors!!

Thank you Fahim for stopping by. I respect and appreciate your opinion!!!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Fahim,

Where is the NSPCC?

I honestly do not think this is cute.

One of The Lord's greatest creations dressed up as bunnies and in buckets!!

But that is my opinion. And probably in total contrast to that of the majority. Especially those of the parents and clients.

Sorry.
Never be sorry for voicing your honest opinion as long as it is done in a respectful manner, which you always do anyway. I myself do not think that this actually can be seen as child abuse, realizing well how much worse the real abuse of children is. Knowing you a bit by now, I think that you were trying to raise our awareness by putting forward a bold statement. Anyway, in case I have gotten this all backwards, please accept my apologies in advance. :)

Having said that, I would not take these pictures myself for a variety of other reasons. Among others due the fact that this genre has been introduced and milked to death by Anne Geddes. But then again I am realistic enough to realize that a professional photographer has to earn his/her income and if a certain style brings bread to the table, why not use it indeed. In that sense, I think that Chi is doing a good job. Just my 0.02....

fahim mohammed

Chi, If I were to wed again ( please no remarks on this one!! ), I would not think twice and you would
be our photographer of choice ( male section only !! ).

And if I were to have a newborn ( no issue there!! ), I would ask you to recommend me a newborn/infant photog.

And my thanks to Cem ( for well..being Cem! )

Regards

Edited to add: Chi; don't pay too much attention to my ' not with the times ' rants.