• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nice discovery

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi all
When I started to shoot with the HY6 at the beginning of last year, the only software that could download the images from Sinar's back or CF cards was Sinar's Captureshop, storing on the hard drive .sti files. (Yes one could also download the image with the Brumbaer tools too and save DNGs files - That was very usefull, but this is not the purpose of this post…)
Since last Summer, Sinar has launched eXposure, some good progress were made and one could save DNGs, forgetting about .sti files, though one could efit the images with third party software, aka ACR, LR, C1 etc.
But the old stored .sti could not be opened by anything else than CaptureShop…

NOW with eXposure 6.2.0 one can import .sti and export DNGs. Cool!

Wanted to share that :)

nicolas claris

Hi Graham
However this is a feature not yet officialy supported by Sinar.
The sti files look locked and underexposed of many ƒ stops viewed with eXposure, but once the DNG is opened by C1 or LR they look just fine…
Sinar Tech has told me that this should be fixed in an upcoming eXposure release…

nicolas claris

Hello Carsten
Thanks for the head-up! though, unfortunately, I don't have anymore files to work on! (I mean new ones…)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Carsten
Thanks for the head-up! though, unfortunately, I don't have anymore files to work on! (I mean new ones…)
Well, Nicolas,

With the files you already have, there must be many hidden new ideas for you to still discover, especially as RAW processing has developed and you are a year older! If you never shot a single new frame, wouldn't you still be able to create many interesting new pictures. Some of the greatest photographers reworked and reinterpreted their old negatives. Your Hy6 files must be such a resource.

Asher :)

nicolas claris

Well, Nicolas,

With the files you already have, there must be many hidden new ideas for you to still discover, especially as RAW processing has developed and you are a year older! If you never shot a single new frame, wouldn't you still be able to create many interesting new pictures. Some of the greatest photographers reworked and reinterpreted their old negatives. Your Hy6 files must be such a resource.

Asher :)

Sure! I fully agree, I would just need some -quiet- time for doing this…