• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Numbered and signed

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai,

There are several considerations. First decide on the number of copies in that edition. You may feel that the particular image at tht specific small size will be printed as an open edition. Larger prints, perhaps that you have spent more effort on or are very unique, you might limit to 14 prints only. That gives a sense of uniqueness and an idea that perhaps the print will increase in value.

So the numbers have a coded meaning.

One can wite the number of the print in a sharp #2 pencil in the bottom of the picture. i've seen both left and right; right I prefer.

If the print has no border, then do it one the back and also mat the print and do the same on the innner lower edge of the mat near a corner.

Asher

Don Lashier

There are many ways to do this. I number (number/total) on the bottom left, just below the image, title bottom center, and sign bottom right. I use a pigment ink pen. I then frame leaving 1/4" paper exposed, 3/8" exposed (including title/sig etc) on the bottom.

Note that many states have strict laws about limited editions which you must follow or risk getting in legal trouble. These requirements often include providing a certificate of authenticity detailing all the sizes and limits of prints of the particular image. I ultimately decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and don't do limited editions although I still number some (open) editions.

- DL