• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Of Ghosts and Ghost Towns

Jarmo Juntunen

Rhyolite, Nevada
Rhyolite_Ghost_TownIMG_7183.JPG

San Fransisco, California

SF_GoldenGate_SausalitoIMG_5950.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I hpe the second one is no ghost!

There’s a huge movement to tackle homelessness, but not in my neighborhood!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

I was surprised to see the amount of homeless people and beggars in San Fransisco. Sure, I knew about the problem but still the extent surprised me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ghost towns are markers of our attempts at ideas that failed because other ideas had beaten them in the market place or rge local resources were somehow used up!

Typical losses of an entire industry were the communities were left behind the time were the candle manufacturers and places that lacked feathers, as electricity and foam rubber largely replaced their use!

Another is the exhaustion of easy mining of a mineral such as iron ore or silver. Then the entire town economy collapses and property is worth nothing.

Jarmo Juntunen: “Of Ghosts”

Here there was no one remaining to steal the once luxurious chair!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Ghost towns are markers of our attempts at ideas that failed because other ideas had beaten them in the market place or rge local resources were somehow used up!

Typical losses of an entire industry were the communities were left behind the time were the candle manufacturers and places that lacked feathers, as electricity and foam rubber largely replaced their use!

Another is the exhaustion of easy mining of a mineral such as iron ore or silver. Then the entire town economy collapses and property is worth nothing.

Here there was no one remaining to steal the once luxurious chair!

Asher

I had read about how quickly such towns became to flourish and, also, how suddenly they died. Seeing the remains of that process was really exciting.