• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old Camera, New Photos

Hello. I bought Panasonic DMC TZ5 for $25 at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I dates from 2008. Gotta say it's a good vest pocket camera despite its age. Here's a trio of photos I had fun with. Cheers, Mike.

Lady_Statue_P1010152 SMALL COPY.jpg

Cows_Mounting_P1010062 SMALL.jpg

Lakeshore_Drive_Point_P1010142 SMALL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike, that’s a bargain!

The first picture could be of a fixture or pottery or a truly, a loving child.

Thr next one I guess is either just a friendly hug or self-identity confusion!

The third I am trying to figure out!

This is like a test one gives to Medical School applicants trying to get in to Harvard!

Asher

You pass, Asher! 'Go Directly to the Medical School at Harvard" (with appologiies to the Monopoly game) :)

Here are the originals.

An ornament in our garden, complete with spider's web. The camera has a zoom of 28-280 (35mm equivalent focal length) with a 5* optical zoom.
This photo is at maximal zoom on a sunny afternoon with focussing via the rear screen almost impossible. It's a good job the camera has image stabilization for the Leica lens. Rather than clean up the photo, it was more fun to provide an interpretation using Affinity.

OPFI_P1010152 copy.jpg

Just cows having fun. Photo taken during a visit to a friend's farm. The colours needed livening up. Hence adjustment using Affinity. (Photos using Panasonic's 'vivid' setting look unnatural and horrible).
OPFI_P1010062 copy.jpg

I thought the third picture might be difficult to interpret. The original is water on Lake Superior.
Anyone interpreting it correctly gets a full Harvard scholarship (ha ha!)

OPFI_P1010142 copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

The water surprised me. I’m pleased there’s a lot to perplex me as that keeps my mind sharp and my hat size reasonable!

Here some more photos taken on the same farm visit as the second image.

Kissing Cows

Cows+kissing_P1010060 SMALLEST.jpg

Cows and their Protector
The story behind the photo is as follows. When a wolf pack came visiting a few years ago, the cows attempted to protect their calves but not too successfully. So farmer Peter bought a donkey, a species which by repute become attached to fellow farm creatures and protect them. It worked, with the number of calves killed by wolves reduced. So Peter thought the more donkeys the better. He bought a pregnant donkey that quickly gave birth, making a donkey drove of three. The problem was that the donkeys became too attached to each other, ignored the cows and calves, with the wolf pack slaughtering the latter again. So Peter got rid of the two new donkeys, with the remaining donkey resuming his role as protector.

Cows&Donkey_P1010063 SMALL.jpg

Cow's Eye

Cow_Eye_P1010065 SMALL.jpg

Orphaned Calves
These cows are orphans, rejected by the herd. It's doubtful that they'll ever become accepted. Peter hired some children to feed the orphans and socialize them to humans.

Calves_orphans_P1010071 SMALL.jpg

Sheep and Lambs
The sheep are boarders at the farm. Their home is Old Fort William, a reconstruction of a pioneering fort and farm, and a major tourist destination. Because the Fort is closed because of the pandemic, Peter was asked to board sheep and goats until it opens. The sheep need a good shearing.

Sheep&LambsP1010046 SMALLEST.jpg

Eye's Left!

Sheep_P1010048 SMALL.jpg

Cheers, Mike

wareds

I am also a big fan of pictures and I took a professional camera in order to turn this hobby into a job. For this reason, I also need professional programs and applications to be able to edit in the best possible way. For example, I found this application https://imglarger.com with which I can increase image resolution, remove the background from the image automatically, retouch, and fix the blurry and other things so nice that I am very happy that I found it. Could you also give some examples and opinions of such applications?

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

91A64F9C-C474-4375-A1D1-B0FDA8905B5F.jpeg

Mike,

Such interesting texture of the fur! I wouldn’t have imagined such long hair!

I’m surprised at the long eyelashes too!

Asher

Jeny Pleeson

I am also a big fan of pictures and I took a professional camera in order to turn this hobby into a job. For this reason, I also need professional programs and applications to be able to edit in the best possible way. For example, I found this application https://imglarger.com with which I can increase image resolution, remove the background from the image automatically, retouch, and fix the blurry and other things so nice that I am very happy that I found it. Could you also give some examples and opinions of such applications?
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM.