• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Olympus Superzoom

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm impressed that this superzoom has an aperture of 2.8 at the wide end and delivers RAW files if you so wish!

Canon and everyone else, please take note!

Asher

Rob Riley

they de featured G7 so it wouldnt push into dSLR sales i thought
although canon de-feature to compete on price too
S3 isnt going to improve too much short term for the same reason
sales of point and shoots are predicted to top out this year

many super zooms will be under pressure with the renewed focus on dSLR market share
this is why Sony have strangled sales of R1, theyre a new entrant to dSLR now, they dont want to compete against themselves when they are struggling for #3 spot
in fact most of the old superzoom makers have dSLRs now, because it is the growth market.
maybe they will be thinking the same thing

for Olympus, who are a bit part and niche player in dSLR, they will be largely unaffected in sales, although may suffer positionally from Sony. Thats why Oly are in this act again

very unexpected, very clever
unpredictable as ever

Riley