• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: One Night Shift - Light, Shadow, Snippets of Architecture and some Water

Michael Nagel

Fahim,

Thank you.

The pictures are there for more than two years, but this is the first time that I found some kind of ordering that I could appreciate in this series.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Ben,

Thanks.

This seems to be a paradox, but the best time to capture the light itself seems for me to be always the night...

Best regards,
Michael

Well done, Michael. I think they are really good. It is amazing how it is actually the light that makes these images so unique. Good stuff, :)
Maggie

Michael Nagel

Jerome,

Thank you!

Being often in a part of town often renders one blind for its beauties, just because it's there.

I am sure you discover beautiful sides of parts of Munich I don't see because I am there too often...

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Maggie,

Thanks. The entire session was dedicated to the light. I did not set this as a general subject before I started, it just happened.

Best regards,
Michael

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Ben,

Thanks.

This seems to be a paradox, but the best time to capture the light itself seems for me to be always the night...

Best regards,
Michael

Not really. The light during the day is random and uncontrolled. It has to be found and requires patience and timing. During the night the light doesn't change for hours and it is a man made light designed to be seen in an aesthetic fashion which appeals to mankind. It is easier to find a building which is aesthetically pleasing than a tree for example. One is designed to appeal, the other in nature working with a whole other set of priorities.

Michael Nagel

Ben,

agreed. Landscape photography requires planning and if you want the right light a lot of patience until the right moment where you have to be quick - because the light can change swiftly.

Still - the man made light during light has a lot of imperfections (as mankind in general) and you can find things like the shadow shown above which was clearly not intended.

Just one reason more to keep your eyes open all the time when you walk around.

Best regards,
Michael