• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Optimism

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Maggie fro you kind comment.:)
I hope to be able to post some more shots with happy people.
Cheers ! (y)
Antonio,

I am optimistic!

it may take 5 years, but sooner than they you two will be able to return to India.

We will control Covid-19 and the Delta variant. I am certain of that!

It just needs us to retool licensing, manufacturing and social legislation worldwide and it will be done or else big business won’t make a profit and big government won’t have the budgets for their fav projects.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio,
I am optimistic!
it may take 5 years, but sooner than they you two will be able to return to India
We will control Covid-19 and the Delta variant. I am certain of that!
It just needs us to retool licensing, manufacturing and social legislation worldwide and it will be done or else big business won’t make a profit and big government won’t have the budgets for their fav projects.
Asher

We are not that optimist ! The variants succeed quickly faster than vaccines and so far, some kind of penicillin doesn't exist.
Let's move on for now and hope for the best.
Be safe ! :)
i-S8MfxVm-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

I am afraid not as far as we have read... but what do I know ? :)
You haven’t read the actual reports. Vaccination doesn’t necessarily prevent infection, but it prevents severe illness and death.

It doesn’t prevent death in everyone just over 99%.

My brother died a day or two after vaccination, but that’s not enough time for the vaccine to wrk and he had 5-6 stents in his heart and severe obstructive lung disease and already on oxygen!

Asher

Asher Kelman

So it’s safe to be optimistic!

This is probably the safest period for man in the history of our species. Less famine & starvation, less destruction of villages and cities, murder, less war!

Longer survival and continuing to improve!

Of course, it SEEMS like life is on a thread as the newspapers and broadcast news NEED to report the murders, wars and hunger or else just show pictures of happy children, lovers and marching bands allday

Asher

Asher Kelman

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” ― Socrates
However, this time we know. Official figures announced to day.

THE FACTS

1. Only less than 1% of fully vaccinated can get infected with COVID-19

2. 99% of hospitalized for COVID-19 in the USA are unvaccinated

Socrates would love those facts and deduce that humanity has the tools to protect itself!

1F2303FE-C1F7-4314-A5A6-6762F6013E87.jpeg

Socrates
The Louvre, Paris

.....and he would be totally optimistic 😇

Asher

Asher Kelman

Did you get the disease? OMG?

I have no idea of life in Portugal in general during Covid.

I talk several times a day to workers in Spain and Nederlands and they are socializing: traveling at least in their own countries and to France!

I sincerely apologize for my apparent “glossing over” difficulties in other countries.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here in the USA, there never were substantial impediments to life beyond a short period of restraint in eating out and folk working from home.

We just adapted.

Children have been effected mostly by disruption in education in schools and colleges. Many others worked from home but preferred it.

Companies didn’t use so much electricity or need so much office space. But folk have adapted. Many large companies have normalized work from home.

The economy has recovered and travel is up again across the USA, but still thousands of jets have become mothballed.

I am so sorry you haven’t had the great relief we have had!

Your pictures have added a great amount of uplifting of spirits and belief in the resilience and future of humanity.

Asher

Asher Kelman

But I now also realize that all the pictures show life as it was THEN, when you were able to travel freely!

8B16874C-F478-475D-91FB-CBCDF435AEAA.jpeg

The children are not barefoot and seem healthy.

The happiness in their lives was real and their group support will see them through hard times.

Humans adapt well!

But for you, being cut off from this must be awful. I get it now!

But I am optimistic that Covid will have contributed to major needed reorientation in worldwide priorities on natural threats to the planet.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, we have not had C19 so far. And yes, we are both vaccinated. However, danger is everywhere as you know with Delta variant and following versions...
What I dislike is the prison we all live in these days. We have to be constantly moving apart from other people, taking our distances.
No one goes in the car with us, in the cafeteria we are separated and masked and we almost have to shout to listen to each other, we are not eating in the restaurant we enjoyed so much, not meeting with others to photograph and so on.
I have 3 cousins. The one you can see in the picture bellow died a month ago after being "Covited" in ICU 2 month. The other cousin is OK.
But the problem is not only the illness itself but what the disease leave behind, like hart problems, insensibility of nerves, depression and so on...
So, even if I am not one of those obsessed guys with illnesses and hard to get depressed, I feel that the danger is everywhere.
Does it mean that we (wife and myself) have never been in terrible places when travelling ? No, it does't We survived from caves with batts, cockroaches on the walls, dangerous bridges and places and what not...
In September 2006, my cousin and myself. Two very different characters.

i-nQNVXQQ-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

Sorry for your personal loss, Antonio! What a good looking fellow! Seems young!

You would be far happier here in Los Angeles or San Francisco, life is pretty normal for vaccinated people!

Two siblings of mine succumbed to the virus. So yes it’s bad, but for vaccinated folk there is essentialyl very minimal risk of severe illness.

I heard in France folk not being allowed to walk more than so many Km from their home. That was last year, but no one in here in the USA would put up such restrictions!

Some airlines have had to struggle as travel decreased. However, folk are taking vacations across the USA to Hawaii and wherever we are allowed in. But just in the USA we have almost endless vacation travel juices!

We do not feel even slightly imprisoned.

In the evenings, folk stroll along Rodeo Drive, fill restaurants and the place is humming.

Yes, waiters have masks. They used to have face shields too, but those are gone.

It’s like Paris now, with so much dining being extended on to sidewalks.

But in parts of nearby Los Angeles, some folk sleep on the streets in makeshift tents, as they are homeless. Too many refuse government housing. Is a major civic challenge. The rising economy has left many folk behind!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I enjoy this photograph! Good and powerful composition!

Your man is stoic, not a quitter and gives good vibes!

some very cool and joyful images. I love the bus driver one, seems so pleased. I am however very sorry for your loss. Very tragic. My heart goes out to you! <3 Maggie