• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ospreys in flight

Tim Rucci

I captured these images a few years ago at Blue Cypress Lake in Florida...

(The first three are in flight; the fourth one had a different idea)

Osprey_1DX51720E.jpg
Osprey_1DX52025.jpg
Osprey_1DX51472.jpg
Osprey_1DX51877.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tim,

I was wondering about the 4th picture whether or not you had overlayed two pictures of a single bird landing.

120A889D-4377-4DEE-BE2B-BE56976F5C58.jpeg

it never occurred to me that the second one was going perhaps for a “joy-ride”!

Asher

Tim Rucci

None of the images are doctored; Each of the 4 images above are single frames.

I actually have a series of 32 frames showing the osprey descending and landing on the back of the other bird.

Imediately below are two additional frames from that series prior to landing. These are not consecutive frames.
These are shots #3 and #8 in the series of 32. The original photo in my earlier post was #25 in the series.

He might have inteded to go for a joy ride. But she was not having any of it and flew off shortly after he landed.

The last two images are #30 and #31 in the series showing the first bird flying off.

Ospreys_comp_1DX51855.jpg

Ospreys_1DX51881.jpg