• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

P-51 Mustang and F4U-4 Corsair

Don Ferguson Jr.

Class of '45 Scott “Scotter” Yoak and Jim Tobul.
Don

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These were incredible planes. Amazing how in such short time the fighter plane came to be in its own with this and the Brits Spitfire!

So many thousands of pilots trained and so many brave stories.

Asher

Don Ferguson Jr.

Asher, interesting read. I want to get a shot of the great looking Spitfire and almost did last November but could not go to the show.
Don

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We have to be so grateful to the design teams! The Hurricane was impressive too.

How lucky we were that THEY had a leader on meth and none to stop him giving really foolish orders!

I am interested in the history of the design of these planes. Were they started in the respective air forces, in some flying club or someone's Garage?

But the sense to design for
  • rapid climbing,
  • maneuverability
  • long distance
was so fortunate. Imagine the training in those days: the dare devils and discipline melded together!

Asher