• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Path along the Avon in Stratford (Ontario)

Robert Watcher

JABOP

A selection of shots as Anne and I took a little stroll along the river edge in Stratford. No collections - just this, that and the other thing, that I came across.LOL

77A4F9D2-38D9-436B-BF9D-94DD9929810B.jpeg

B1CB923E-152F-492E-B0B6-A4040D442404.jpeg

276862C5-5F47-4570-818A-D48BBAD3F1E9.jpeg

7646191D-BCDC-4F90-B257-527F9B35F1D8.jpeg

E3EA4F85-DEEF-4CFC-BC73-E83408D0CC79.jpeg

Robert Watcher

Not near as much processing as you might conclude Asher. Here are the original files straight from camera (just resized for web). As you know, I always shoot JPEG, so my steps are based on that.

Step #1 - I start by always cropping for the each look I am after. When shooting, I work quickly and leave space around generally - or the image may be offset in order that the focus point can hit the right part of the shot.

Step #2 - small tweaks to exposure, highlights, shadows, vibrance, saturation and clarity

Step #3 - I often vignette the edges to draw attention to the focus area of pic (no dodging or burning in these pics)

Step #4 - I generally have my cameras Sharpness setting turned right down. This generates a softer picture that needs sharpening in post processing. For these, I ran them through Topaz AI Sharpen for correcting any motion blur as well as noise reduction

Step #5 In the case of these images, I used the Color setting in Exposure X6 (there is a similar panel in PS that I used to use) to isolate and increase saturation to specifically the Green colour along with a little bit of increased saturation to the yellows and oranges. I one pic also benefited from saturating the Cyans in the grass.

That’s all - just normal stuff. Here is whereI started for comparison:

2FE73983-A504-4E92-A7EE-9DE188614B93.jpeg

1EE3970C-0829-4A37-BA09-9672314FC29C.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hmm, there was already cyan in the grass! Why!

I agree with not doing the sharpening in camera, as that gives you control and when you decrease contrast and highlights a tad, there can be more detail perceived in the highlights, like white flowers or bright clouds.

[I am religiously locked in to RAW process for the hair, the face, and the bg separately. A huge amount of work.]

Your process explains in part your enduring sanity!

[I really would like to see each photo site being independently controlled so blown highlights would be impossible and adjacent sensel electron capture in deep shadows could be binned to decrease noise!]

Asher

Robert Watcher

On the way home we came across SHARKS IN A FIELD OF GRAIN

59652D31-9424-434C-B8BD-33A126DEF219.jpeg

interesting FACTOID I found out today from this post on my Instagram Feed:

first there was a comical reply saying “your gonna need a bigger thresher”

then a follow up was “Maybe they are Thresher Sharks - they are real thing”

had to Google and see and sure enough there are Thresher Sharks. They kill their prey with their whip like tail. Never heard of then before.

NEXT TIME I PASS BY I’M GOING TO LOOK A LITTLE DEEPER INTO THE GRAIN FIELD AND SEE THAT IS THE BREED THAT THESE ARE —- LOL 😂 😆 😝