• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Perspective, Viewpoint and Alternative Facts

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am fascinated by how our presentation of can alter perception

69DB5F48-9155-4B2C-8C39-7A4BEAA4ECAD.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Pit Fired”

Asher Kelman

Here is a picture optimized for presentation just be altering the distribution of brightness and geometric correction.

0011B829-BE10-4A38-B712-4CC53B871EC8.jpeg

We see the drama of a cloud-filled sky and a massive oblique shadow.

However, when we look at the unedited image, it’s shows a fairly ordinary day!

01F46B48-7356-4B46-A7B2-BC3459D806CA.jpeg

This is the stark difference that our images create from a single reality!

My point is that in contemplating folk belief in “alternative facts”, we have to consider the possibility that in all likelihood:

“The camera always lies!”

.....as it leaves out at least context and hidden aspects and is being shown by choice instead of a myriad of other views, each with differing impact or meaning.

Asher

James Lemon

Here is a picture optimized for presentation just be altering the distribution of brightness and geometric correction.
We see the drama of a cloud-filled sky and a massive oblique shadow.

However, when we look at the unedited image, it’s shows a fairly ordinary day!

This is the stark difference that our images create from a single reality!

My point is that in contemplating folk belief in “alternative facts”, we have to consider the possibility that in all likelihood:

“The camera always lies!”

.....as it leaves out at least context and hidden aspects and is being shown by choice instead of a myriad of other views, each with differing impact or meaning.

Asher

You should try a series without the conversion and and look for the best view ?

Asher Kelman

You should try a series without the conversion and and look for the best view ?
Yes, that too! I was impressed by the horror of seeing an emergency room doctor use his chart to whack a 8 year old girl to the ground. I hadn’t seen the giant wasp on the girls head. She had previously had an anaphylactic shock to a wasp sting!

Perspective, viewpoint and where one shines a spotlight gives each of us different views on the same things!

Asher

Asher Kelman

So James,

Here’s a beautiful leafy tree in a park in Southern California.

290B8A81-3B3D-4771-A310-DA100FAFB1A7.jpeg

Then I took another

B1B418EE-C610-4B2D-ABEB-9FBD9AF94507.jpeg

We immediately re-work out minds. Something is going on!

Then I went up from the base of the tree:

23811EB6-5DCE-4339-BEFA-E0A65A9AF2FA.jpeg

In each case we see more context and the tree assumes a very different role, although, factually, the tree itself has no voice in the perception changes.

That’s the nature of the lack of truth of single pictures!

At the end we see folk sitting in chairs near tents that serve the public: these are folk who have been vaccinated against SARS CoV-2, lingering 15minutes to make sure no one has a life-threatening untoward reaction, after they leave the site!

Ashet

Asher Kelman

But we can return to the tree and approach closely:

C1933486-0734-4212-A78B-4E2D2D073D52.jpeg

Now we forget there’s a park or people. This texture of the tree fills all our senses and takes us to some imagined rocky landscape, perhaps, with trees growing in the crevices.

Again, our pictures always lie for us!

But that’s what we ask of them!

Asher