• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

photoshop 5 elements

Is there any one here using it Now: if so how has it improved over four,
I have heard you now can adjust curves with it like its big brother?
and that is my main concern is to be able to adjust curves, I am not in to all that fancy other stuff just plain clean up and sharpen and ect: thats all For now!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lauren,

I don't personally own Photoshop Elements.

I looked at the descriptions and some of the instructions, and if we didn't know Photoshop Dig Daddy CS2 existed, Elements would be very capable as it is!

What computer are you using?

This explains Adobe Elements 5 For Windows.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/overview2.html

(For A Mac, I believe it's currently at 4.0 and a will soon go to 5.0.)

Look at that. It seems to work almost automatically and is very powerful.

Hopefully someone who knows more will provide information on curves in elements.

If not, you can download a trial version for free from the same website.

Good luck,

Asher

Hi Asher:
[What computer are you using? ] Lets say plenty of horse power:):)
Pentium 4= 3.20 with H/T 2048mgs of ram If this thing stalls I plan to shoot it:(

Hum missed this part:[If not, you can download a trial version for free from the same website.]thanks

StuartRae

Hi Lauren,

If you are already using PSE4, you may like to have a look at "Hidden Power Tools" from here

The tools include (to quote the website) Curves, Color Balance, Guides, Channel Mixer, Noise Reduction, RGB Channels, CMYK Channels, Luminosity and Color Separation, Snapshots, Vertical/Horizontal Alignment, Blend Mask, Highlight/Shadow mask, Custom Paths, True Duotones, and more.

A similar set of tools is also available for PSE3.

Regards,

Stuart

Don Lashier

There are also usually some killer upgrades available from PSE to full PS. You can't find this on Adobe's site but have to know the URL. Somewhere I've got one stashed but not handy at the moment.

- DL

Holly Cawfield

Hello Lauren..

I've only ever owned PS Elements 5 and though I don't have any experience with the 'big brother' I can tell you that curves in Elements 5 is wonderfully useful. It's set up so that you can let the program automatically correct midtones, darken highlights, brighten shadows, increase contrast, backlight or solarize. It also has an advanced tab that allows you to make all these adjustments to your own taste for the photo.

To quote from Scott Kelby's book on PS Elements 5:

Adobe has done a brilliant job of giving us the power of Curves without the hassles and steep learning curve. Life is good.
:-D