• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Playing with Color Grading in LR

Antonio Correia

Hey all !
The new features of LR are just great ! The program evolves in a very interesting way allowing to go less and less into CC if dramatic changes are not required.
Like the shot of Ronaldo with Messy which I am sure you all have seen. In this hot I was attracted again by the duotone or the color grading as you wish to call it.
The original photograph is quite different from the one below, thanks to some hours of work.

i-SpTkpZm-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very interesting, Antonio.

I think color grading has potential for creating a recognizable signature style for one’s portfolio.

Websites talk much more these days of color grading these days. It used to be just for gettingvthr mood for major movies!

Explain Ronaldo and Messy??

Is Messy short for Messiah?

Can you give us the original too!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Hey Asher ! :)
Here a short article about the image by Annie.
The original photograph is posted below.
However, looking again I prefer the crop of the photograph shown at the bottom even if the void of the door on the right, betrayed me. I should have seen it on location ! :mad:
i-wDWBXqr-X4.jpg

i-CFQnXKk-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Ahah,

I was wondering who in your family was Annie!

Yes, the colorization is brilliant in her picture too.

C1BEEC9B-0D9A-4E9B-BDD5-528A8BB673CE.jpeg

I wonder who she relies on for her retouching. A decade ago there was an article about him but I cannot find it. It showed some original examples of her shots and then after it went to the Retoucher. (One current Retoucher of hers is Becci Manzo)

As to your picture, you need that door open as according to Leonard Cohen, “There’s a crack in everything:that’s where the light gets in!”

Asher Kelman

02D80C21-8355-4F4B-B908-398ADC9AFC6C.jpeg

Praying With Color Grading

Your work is excellent! You also do retouching yourself and still get a brilliant result! If you had Madonna on her kneees praying you would exceed her millions of “looks” online!

The crack to let the light in, is key!