• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Point Betsie Lighthouse Seawall

Paul Abbot's Point Prim Lighthouse photo inspired me to share a photo taken last week during my week long trip around the northwest corner of the state of Michigan. The shutter speed required to hold detail of the white lighthouse really darkened the blue sky. Too bad there weren't any clouds in the sky, but sometimes you just have to make do with what you have.

original.jpg

Seawall in Front of Point Betsie Lighthouse​

I suspect the concrete blocks imbedded in the incline in front of the lighthouse are meant to deflect or block lake ice during the winter months.

Antonio Correia

You are right Tom. :)

"...you just have to make do with what you have..." if there were no clouds...

When I see photographs of lakes and sea I think often than before, about the climate change and the consequences for our future as Humanity. Lake Michigan also has it's problems of course...

At first sight I could say that you had used a CPF but the dark sky is only consequence of the exposure.

Thank you for sharing ! :)