• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Poor Farm Swamp, MA

Angelica Oung

IMGP3953.jpg

It's a desolate place on a desolate day. Then suddenly the clear blue sky swept over the overcast clouds...it happened in a matter of a minute.

However, looking back upon my pictures (and I took many dozens) from the day, I realized that this was the only real keeper. Everything else just seemed blah. Poor Farm Swamp was one of my favorite places to shoot back when I did b+w film, but somehow its desolation does not do come out well , in color.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Angelica,

Yes it's impressive. What was your lens setup?

Don't dismiss the drab pictures, show us 4 of the best and maybe there are other ideas. It could be that part of your pictures may come alive or else it could be that B&W exresses the mood better.

Choosing to press the shutter button is often just one small step in making the picture so you may have a lot more gold in the mud than you think!

Happy 2008 and this is a good start!

Asher

Arya Wiese

This is a beautiful image - the peeking of the blue sky on the bleak horizion. I would love to see some of the other images you took here - it looks like it had interesting lines and shapes.