• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

posting images

Jeff O'Neil

Just a quick question. I'm having a helluva time getting links to work when trying to post links to my pictures. Should I be seeing the picture in the "preview post" window?

I'm assuming I should.

arrrg!

Jeff

Mary Bull

Jeff O'Neil said:
Just a quick question. I'm having a helluva time getting links to work when trying to post links to my pictures. Should I be seeing the picture in the "preview post" window?

I'm assuming I should.

arrrg!
Yes, you should be seeing the image in the preview posts.

Please put the steps you are taking in a reply post here. Maybe one of us can spot where your efforts are going awry.

As to "arrg!" I do feel your pain. Had one heckuva time myself learning to make it work, back in August.

Mary

Ray West

Hi Jeff,

copy the image location (right click in windoze, second one down or so, then open the 'envelope icon - I think its meant to be mountains with a grey rectangular sun, - and paste the url. It shows in the edit and preview windows

millmov.gif

the above is a gif (you may need to put in blank lines to give the image some air.

Best wishes,

Ray

Jeff O'Neil

Thanks for the replies folks...I'm doing exactly as mentioned.

I've uploaded the picture to one of my websites and then essentially typed in the link.

The only thing I can think of is this, I've uploaded photo's with the name of the photo not underscored. IE: red haired rider.jpg

Perhaps I should be just renaming the file to something like 4..lol

Jeff

Jeff O'Neil

Alrighty then...I've figured it out.

For my web sites it has the httpdocs folder which houses all the web files. I was listing the httpdocs in the image link...I do not have to do that as it's the default directory. Sheesh..thought I was losing my mind there for a bit! Must be the mad cow!

Thanks all for your responses!

Jeff

Jeff O'Neil

Look for the new photo in the travel section. Will be posting some others shortly. I'm working on getting the sizing correct and transfering them to sRGB for correct color.

Jeff