• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hopefully at the City Hall of Long Beach California. I have submitted my plan but so will many, many talented artists from Southern California and a internationally!

Al least I am proud to have made my best effort and thrown my hat into the ring. That allows us rewarding and brings satisfaction.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here is the design from the front: children playing in 2” of bubbling water.

53B66E59-356B-4771-AFDA-920A869A8601.jpeg

Robert Watcher

What an undertaking Asher. I am very impressed. And confident that you can follow through on the work of art if you are commissioned - based on your last project that you showed us.

Jerome Marot

Very impressive, I hope to be able one day to come and visit it. What is the hanging structure on the side?

Asher Kelman

Very impressive, I hope to be able one day to come and visit it. What is the hanging structure on the side?
Thanks so much for your attention, Robert, Andy and Jérôme!

It’s all theoretical and a dream. It has to be that I am first a finalist and then win the commission!

However, I can build it anywhere, but only once of this exact design.

The spiral will be mRNA as I believe this introduce a new miraculous way of having the body create custom proteins that could cure or mitigate many metabolic processes!

Asher

romain claris

pro member
Impressive dear Asher, I like the way the spiral is in the same time outside (on the left on the thumbnail of the video ) and hang up inside with the photos you added. The element is both inside/outside. So to me the building is a symbol of the human body, and I love the skin of the material you use for the left side and the holes of light ! Keep us in touch ! Romain

Asher Kelman

Cem, Charlotte, Romain and Paul,

What generous comments. I am sure the other competing artist will be very competitive. I hope they publish all the competing creative proposals, as that will be very meaningful in itself!

However, most competitions are highly secretive!

Asher

Wow, Asher, so glad I also watched the short video as it really gives us a wonderful understanding of this impressive piece and Covid was and still is such a huge thing, it needed the piece to be very special and let people move through it. I'm impressed but then, you are always creating impressive things that most of us would never attempt.

I hope you get chosen but even if you are not, you can be very proud of this work! It is quite magnificent and stunning as it should be!

Bravo!