• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prosthechea pamplonense

Peter Dexter

An orchid I found flowering in the woods behind my house. According to Internet Orchid Species Photos Encyclopedia it grows from 2100m to 2700m and indeed I found it at 2109m.

43205141980_f07d9db33e_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An orchid I found flowering in the woods behind my house. According to Internet Orchid Species Photos Encyclopedia it grows from 2100m to 2700m and indeed I found it at 2109m.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1929/43205141980_f07d9db33e_b.jpg[/img[/CENTER]][/QUOTE]

Ravishing and exotic. What lens?

Is that the trail of a slug or fungus on the flower?

Asher​

Last edited:

Peter Dexter

This was shot with my Sony Zeiss 24 1.8. I have only three lenses: a Canon 400 5.6 for birds, this lens and a Batis 85 1.8 for other subjects.

Asher Kelman

This was shot with my Sony Zeiss 24 1.8. I have only three lenses: a Canon 400 5.6 for birds, this lens and a Batis 85 1.8 for other subjects.

I would hope you have the Sony A7RII or III too give you image stabilization for your Canon 400 5.6L. That is a smart setup!

I guess you could use a x1.4 as well?

I would know but there is no EXIF or IPTC info on your file and no © either!!

Your work is too good not to have copyright and Rights usage conditions.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter,

I am still intrigued by the white trail at the end of the nearest petal? What do you think causes that?

43205141980_f07d9db33e_b.jpg

Is it spilled over pollen from the flower center, fungus or from some slug or a web caught from the wind?

Asher

Peter Dexter

Yes I neglected to respond to that question but the answer is I really don/t know. Could it just be the ambient moisture of the cloud forest?

On my images taken at higher iso settings I apply "Neat Image"for noise reduction. Sadly it strips EXIF from the result. I don't have a Sony A7RII, just a smaller and lighter a6000 with which I am extremely pleased. I purchased it for it's abilities and smaller size and weight. If anyone would like to produce an even smaller interchangeable lens camera with 24mp (or more) and the same capabilities of my Sony I'll be the first one on line at the counter.