• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Raw Image for Skin Retouching

Tim Golden

Here is the RAW file: http://download.yousendit.com/UmNLYnU1TlFtMEpMWEE9PQ

My techiques are pretty old, so I would love to see what your guys can do with it.

I am definitely looking to see different techiques and the advantages to them!

This was my finished image.

p670819184-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Luiz,

Your work is lovely! Just what's this line on the right cheek. Is that meant to define the right "cheek bone" Ie maxilla?

Asher

Tim Golden

It is a earring shadow from one of the kickers, sorry guys, didn't see it till later!

Luiz,
First of all, great job!

I really like the background, where did you get it and what was your tech for applying it?

Thanks, the background is my and you are free to use, just set the BG layer to luminosity
and opacity to 40-50% and mask it or place an extracted girl above the BG layer, the BG is
black to white and when mixed with the original white BG turn grey and as it is not 100 opaque
there will be some fly hairs given an impression that the extraction was 100% perfect :)

Here 2 files, my background + the full size image
http://rapidshare.com/files/248535198/photo_BG.zip

A less aggressive PS version with no ring shadow.
dsc1966base2p.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Grenn,

This is how you do it. first get the url of the image on the internet server you use. It should end in .jpg. Now place this url between

Asher

Gina Stephen

First, that's a beautiful subject! What great colors to work with in a photograph! I love the balance of the picture now. It is very smoothing, and very eye-catching. I would love to start manipulating family portraits like this.

Gina Stephen

Update! I took this picture and played with it on my sister's computer rig (she's a wedding photographer like my father). I was able to do some cool retouching and recoloring! As soon as I get back to my sister's place I'll upload my picture. I don't think it will be as good as what's been done above me, but I would love some comments!