• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Ready, aim..

fahim mohammed

Friends dropped off their kids for the evening at our house. I was tasked to maintain the quiet with everyone running around the house.

So, I opened my camera armaments cupboard; choose the weapon of choice, took aim and..

p324405096-4.jpg

this was one of the result.

While focusing I contemplated about Euler's identity and special cases of his formulae..I even rotated my
camera 180 degrees..I even cried out to the gods ( real and imaginary ) of sines and cosines and the rationality or otherwise of numbers, even pi, all to get a better image..

But to no avail. I contemplated on the joys pi and the intricacies of formulae; no help.

I called on all secular and non-secular beliefs of man to make this a good image..nothing. Zippo!

I gently pressed the trigger. The target was highlighted. I squeezed the trigger..gently.

p229675052-4.jpg

only to realize I had set the iso too high.

Oh well..e^{ix} = cos x + i sin x....That is an imaginary world.

I had to deal with the real world.

fahim mohammed

Thanks Doug, for stopping by.

Complex and simple; real and imaginary; rational and irrational..all at the same time. Wonderful. Children, I mean.

Regards to Carla and yourself.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p229675052-4.jpg

Well, Fahim,

This naughty boy is part of a generation that experiences the touch interface on a screen to be normal. Looks like he would make a great engineer, physician or perhaps a cool president. This new generation will ask too many questions and demand their own way.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
As with you, Fahim, I have found that a touch screen and ear plugs is the modern way to bring children under some sort of control.
Trouble is, I get the feeling they have the control.
Still, who would deny you the experience.
Beautiful, relaxed portraits as usual.