• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Recovered infected patients may not be protected!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
WHO has reported its findings that we cannot assume that those already infected and recovered are able to defeat a new round of infection with the COVID-19 virus.

This is very disappointing news and a huge challenge.

To the extent it’s confirmed, it means no “herd immunity” which we need to naturally stop the current pandemic when infections have spread to more than 60% of the population.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Read the BBC report here!

The fear is now that government-issued “passports” suggest folk are now no longer at risk. This is false right now! Such certification ow appears to be wishful thinking. So issuing identification as already infected in the past serves no public good.

Unfortunately this could just help further virus spread to susceptible people!

Also there is a separate fear that there could be job discrimination against those without such passports in the absence of any science to support that?

It might be possible to find a more advanced test that can detect immune reaction that actually is protective. But we have no such test right now.

Antibody tests should be reserved for simply allowing epidemiological studies and getting a handle on what the virus is doing in a given population so we can respond with appropriate public health and hospital setvives.

Asher

James Lemon

The fear is now that government-issued “passports” suggest folk are now no longer at risk. This is false right now! Such certification ow appears to be wishful thinking. So issuing identification as already infected in the past serves no public good.

Also there is a separate fear that there could be job discrimination against those without such passports in the absence of any science to support that?

It might be possible to find a more advanced test that can detect immune reaction that actually is protective. But we have no such test right now.

Antibody tests should be reserved for simply allowing epidemiological studies and getting a handle on what the virus is doing in a given population so we can respond with appropriate public health and hospital setvives.

Asher

Yes and as more tests come out for determining if you have been infected or are currently infected you will find out that many have already had it . Yes people who have never even dreamed of having it.

Here in Canada my medical information is private even to my wife and other family members without my consent.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Asher
Indeed!

Jerome Marot

This is not what is said. Again: "There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from Covid-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection" simply means that we don't know. We may be protected, or we may not be. We simply do not know, yet.

James Lemon

So far the track record of the WHO has not been good.

The WHO's guidance is based on evidence from researchers all around the world. But it could well change as we rapidly learn more about this virus.

There isn't any evidence to dispute the contrary either? If you want to stay locked down until they find some miracle cure or vaccine that's up to you. I think my body would rather be exposed to a new virus in the early stages rather than the latter giving it a better chance to adapt. However if it is a designer virus then I am not worried about the latter stages.

They simply don't know how many cases there are,or how many have been exposed until they develop better tests which they will. The consequences of measures taken around the world will have far reaching affects. All based on some hypothetical computer model that has been proven to be completely wrong! And I just spit all over my computer.

Don Ferguson Jr.

Guess they use a low specific spectrum of UV-A light to get around cancer. Interesting.
Don

Jerome Marot

So far the track record of the WHO has not been good.

The WHO's guidance is based on evidence from researchers all around the world. But it could well change as we rapidly learn more about this virus.

There isn't any evidence to dispute the contrary either? If you want to stay locked down until they find some miracle cure or vaccine that's up to you. I think my body would rather be exposed to a new virus in the early stages rather than the latter giving it a better chance to adapt. However if it is a designer virus then I am not worried about the latter stages.

They simply don't know how many cases there are,or how many have been exposed until they develop better tests which they will. The consequences of measures taken around the world will have far reaching affects. All based on some hypothetical computer model that has been proven to be completely wrong! And I just spit all over my computer.

We are actually living fascinating times. We can see science at work. The process by which science works is that scientists observe and then postulate various theories. Then other scientists come and tell them they are bonkers. This is what science calls "peer review". What a word.

We are at present in the unique position to be presented with all these theories. This is really fascinating. I learn so much.

Of course, eventually things will settle down and the theories which best match the facts will emerge. Then we will have a clearer plan to fight the virus.

Jerome Marot

Guess they use a low specific spectrum of UV-A light to get around cancer. Interesting.
Don

If this company offers shares, don't buy them.

Asher Kelman

This is not what is said. Again: "There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from Covid-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection" simply means that we don't know. We may be protected, or we may not be. We simply do not know, yet.
Actually they have been covering folk who after recovering have a second evidence of virus shedding! Is that a reinfection or an activation of a smouldering latent State?

Asher