• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Request for help: a rock solid cataloging system for Mac that can equally handle external drives! Or Do I need a PC?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Update on AC/DC for Mac: it’s a totally different program than the PC version.

it merely records every search carried out by the Mac OS while the program is active. One can accelerate this by actually ordering AC/DC to scan a folder. That I have started with one year from one external HD to get a feel of its function.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Back to ACDSee as an option for the Mac.

it’s really a kind of enhanced finder, having little search capability if it’s own. When it indexes a 10 TB. Drive and it crashes before finishing it has to start over! That’s terrible. If I can’t solve that, then the software isn’t for prime time with large drives!

Asher