• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Seagull dropping a clam

Jim Olson

I saw a Seagull dropping a clam to break the shell and I have seen Crows dropped nuts to break it open but I didn't know Seagulls did it also

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In Massachusetts, years back, I used to watch gulls do this for hours and create piles of smashed shells all over the beach!

Birds are pretty damn smart!

Asher

Jim Olson

In Massachusetts, years back, I used to watch gulls do this for hours and create piles of smashed shells all over the beach!

Birds are pretty damn smart!

Asher
I had no clue they did it also. As I was shooting pix of the Eagle, my wife kept saying "What is that noise?" Then she saw a Seagull with something in it's beak & it dropped it.
And then we were watching the Gulls & the Eagle started flying past us. That's why I only got a shot of it after it went by.
And I must agree... They aren't dumb that's for sure lol

Last edited: