• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting at night with a Pentax 645 Z

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Last week, in Greece, looking West…
Different nights, but always in the direction of Zákynthos (Zante)

In italic, below the images: for the curious ones, before you ask…

_NCZ3183.jpg

FA645 MACRO 120mm F4 - 25s - ƒ 6.3 - 400 ISO

_NCZ3202.jpg

FA645 MACRO 120mm F4 - 8s - ƒ 4 - 200 ISO

_NCZ3200.jpg

FA645 MACRO 120mm F4 - 4s - ƒ 4 - 200 ISO

_NCZ3241.jpg

FA645 55 mm - 30s - ƒ 2.8 - 800 ISO

_NCZ3238.jpg

FA645 55 mm - 10s - ƒ 2.8 - 2000 ISO

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

This series means that, at last, you have time to relax and set up a tripod for your own pleasure! You have earned this delightful experience.

_NCZ3238.jpg

FA645 55 mm - 10s - ƒ 2.8 - 2000 ISO

Here you've transported us to the heavens and left our common problems behind. Views like this tend to make a lot of our worries seem less important and we are all humbled!

It's amazing that the early astronomers worked out cycles of celestial events with much, much simpler instruments!

Asher

nicolas claris

Hi Asher, thanks for passing by and stopped during this proposed journey to the infinite (infinite drives me crazy…)
But note that the image is anchored to our planet by a branch of a tree on the lower right corner… ; )
After all, infinite has to start somewhere!

Nicolas,
This series means that, at last, you have time to relax and set up a tripod for your own pleasure! You have earned this delightful experience.
Well, this phrase has to be edited:
This series means that, at last, you have had time to relax and set up a tripod for your own pleasure! You have earned this delightful experience.

Here you've transported us to the heavens and left our common problems behind. Views like this tend to make a lot of our worries seem less important and we are all humbled!
Immensely humbled!

It's amazing that the early astronomers worked out cycles of celestial events with much, much simpler instruments!

Asher
Ancient Greeks did invent so many things!
As an example, see this!

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

This is a delightful pano. They could use it for a travel brochure! How do you like the LR stitch compared to Auto Pano Giga?

Asher

I like very much LR stitch for the very good reason that I don't have any license for Auto Pan SWs…

Seriously, I think that both new features of LR (HDR and pano) are lacking of settings, they are almost "auto"…
HDR : Photomatix Pro and ImageFuser 0.7.6 are much much better (although ImageFuser 0.7.6 have a bug with Yosemite as you can't do batch anymore (crashes: "script error on the first image"), I contacted the developer who kindly replied :
"I stopped maintaining ImageFuser many years ago as I simply chose to not longer use Macs."
But still ImageFuser brings the more natural result even if you have to work on the "delivered" file as it looks too linear.

Pano: the LR' great advantage is that it delivers a DNG and very good blending, but it may have a lot of errors in the stitching… it really depends of the content…

Cem_Usakligil

Great shots Nicolas, as usual. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

@Asher: re. the pano feature of LR6/CC, I found it to be lacking in many aspects. There is virtually no control of how the pano is stitched and projected. Even with simple panos consisting of 50% overlap in adjacent pictures, stitching errors are quite common.