• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting the interiors of the Bénéteau Océanis 38

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
As I already explained, shooting interiors with the exposure fusion technique saves time during the shooting (no lighting needed) so the boat is immobilized for a short time only.
Of course, the technique requires more time in post-production, but at the end the client gets better images, looking more natural and can free the boat earlier.
This time the boat was anchored and a beautiful sun was illuminating with its beams the wood panels. Highlights to care!

OC38_NCL1042_pub_web.jpg

OC38_NCL6603_web.jpg

OC38_NCL6613_web.jpg

OC38_NCL6663_web.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Nicolas,

these are magnificent and so well crafted! I wonder about two matters. first when you talk of "exposure fusion" how do you distinguish this from HDR? secondly, the treatment of the views through the windows. Do you work on that separately or accept what come from optimizing for the interior. One difficulty I can imagine is that the range of exposures for bracketing are going to be different. This is important for a boat bobbing up and down, even gently. The scene through the window is going to move violently up and down and change with each exposure, unless one is very fast!

Asher

nicolas claris

Asher,
Exposure fusion is a different technique than tone mapping (HDR).
In both case it increases the dynamic range. Exposure fusion brings more natural images imoh.
For the seascape thru the windows or portholes, generally I reintroduce the mid range shot.
The more difficult to deal with are the sun beams that moves constantly, this is particularly true when the beams lay on wood panels, I have my own receipe, but shhhhh…

A particularly difficult shot (combining the model and light beams…

Into the owner's cabin in the CNB 76
CNB76-7.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

.................The more difficult to deal with are the sun beams that moves constantly, this is particularly true when the beams lay on wood panels, I have my own receipe, but shhhhh…

A particularly difficult shot (combining the model and light beams…

Into the owner's cabin in the CNB 76
CNB76-7.jpg

Nicolas,

The beautiful girl, I understand, but God's light?!!! Remember the 11th commandment:

"Thou shalt not steal light beams!"

:)

nicolas claris

I don't steal the light beams! On the contrary
I capture them and bring them to the attention of the viewers…
<-: D