• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Simple Pleasures: A collection of things I noticed when I was on my way

Michael Nagel

I always have a camera with me. The camera in the smartphone is the absolute minimum, but usually I have my compact camera with me. Occasionally there is the mFT camera with a few lenses if I intend to shoot without knowing what or even the DSLR if I have something in my mind.

These are things I noticed and where I took the time for at least one picture.

For a start - a face with a frightened look according to my imagination:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I always have a camera with me. The camera in the smartphone is the absolute minimum, but usually I have my compact camera with me. Occasionally there is the mFT camera with a few lenses if I intend to shoot without knowing what or even the DSLR if I have something in my mind.

These are things I noticed and where I took the time for at least one picture.

For a start - a face with a frightened look according to my imagination:

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

This is wonderful to be able to follow you as you discover what most of us never notice. And when you show it, the sense of it is so clear that we'd all think we could find the same......except we don't!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thank you! I just try to keep my eyes open and my imagination unrestrained.

Here are two finds that illustrate the way to 'Sad' (see the other thread):

First I saw this (almost 5 years ago, please excuse the snapshot quality):

This was almost 3 years ago ('Sad' was last year):

To show something different - this is what I saw while cycling:

Best regards,
Michael

Isn't it odd how we humans take a few dots and can pull in a face from it. You seem to have this ability to spot them easily. The first one to me doesn't seem scary though, for some reason, it makes me think of a white cartoon dog with a black nose! :-D

Michael Nagel

Hi Maggie,

yes - imagination is individual. The dog is the other possibility, but I opted for the scary one...

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When I am on my way, there are occasions where I feel watched:

Michael,

I like the fact that such an image requires your imagination and then correct position so it's not that you passed and saw it, but rather you made it happen. Besides the sheer humor of the image, this could have much more ambitious future provenance. Print this really large and then the fence becomes so important. It shows security and comfort as well as having achieved what we call here, The American Dream"; a home with a white picket fence and a nice car in the garage! :)

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thanks. I already mentioned that I have a vivid imagination. The lamps are mounted on the roof of a small AWD car. The 'U'-shaped part between the lamps just makes the nose and that is what made it interesting to me.
I was less thinking of any kind of dream as the retracted position in a shelter watching is not so much of a dream to me. So much for perception.

I do not have an explanation for this one (and I did noot look for one but just took the picture):

Best regards,
Michael