• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Solitary men in repeating, geometric environments

By a stroke of luck, I happened upon these two scenes a couple of weeks apart, which form a pair of images which are visuallly similar, but also substantially different:

The first was taken with a 28mm lens, and was captured in one of the most expensive, opulent environments in our country. The second, taken with a 200mm lens, and one of the poorest and most dangerous:

"Progress passes me by"
18950628694_441454f212_o.jpg

A security guard in a five-star shopping centre, with a backdrop of enormously expensive building development.

"Repetitive housing"
20129299971_4c5326e334_o.jpg

A dilapidated townhouse building in an extremely poor and violent are between Johannesburg and Germiston, taken from a moving train.