• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

St Mary's Church

Jarmo Juntunen

St Mary's Church (late 15th Century), Sastamala, Finland

Pyh%C3%A4_Maria_bw00000162.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
C6B19599-F9FC-400C-A90D-878BE682DD10.jpeg

Great framing as Maggie points out. Printing large would allow us to see the grave markers better.

I am intrigued by the structure of the roof. It is a high-pitch design that requires more wood and skill to build, but is far better at shedding rain and snow.

I wonder if this is a revision of the building or whether it’s normal to have the stone in the end walls perhaps showing the previous outline of a much less impressive roof?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thanks, Maggie and Asher! I`m guessing the higher, `pointy` end wall shows the original shape of the roof. Somewhere along the way someone desided to change the design. Finally, the roof was restored back to its original shape in the 50`s.